PDA

View Full Version : small saw for cutting toe kicks

Justin Jump
03-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Can anyone recommend a small hand held power saw for cutting toe kicks?

If anyone has seen Norm's method on NYW, something similar?

I would like to be able to breakdown all my sheets to final sizes on the table saw, cut all my dadoes, then quickly take out the toe kick with a hand held saw.

Doesn't Rotozip make something?

Peter Quinn
03-10-2014, 12:29 PM
I just left a shop that built like that, I used a BS with a 6th-10th blade, two quick sets, it's all rough work. Norm did some interesting things. I'd say no need for a specialized tool, use what you have. A skill saw or trim saw would work there as long as you can keep it square, square into the corner with a Japanese pull saw. Better yet.... Don't run verticals to the floor. Use. Ladder kick sub base, just as strong, easier to level and or scribe as needed.

George Bokros
03-10-2014, 1:05 PM
I cut my toe kicks with a sabre saw. You can cut up to your layout lines without any blade overrun.

George

Loren Woirhaye
03-10-2014, 5:28 PM
You might consider bandsawing them rough and using a router template to cut the final shape. A 12" table saw may be able to cut out most as well, leaving a a pair of straight kerfs which can be followed into the corner with a hand saw. This way the cut is pretty straight and can be edgebanded easily.

johnny means
03-10-2014, 5:58 PM
Table saw with auxillary fence.