PDA

View Full Version : This years brew spoon - hop vine with leaves

Ryan Mooney
03-09-2014, 7:36 PM
Decorative mash paddle/brew spoon in walnut (cut out of a friends tree a couple years ago) with wrapped hop vine with leaves and cones. This was my first shot at doing leaves, was probably a little overly ambitious trying to do them in the round up front :D.

C&C welcome

The happy recipient from the brewclub competition for scale.

Paul Kasman
03-14-2014, 9:15 PM
That is outstanding. Do you have any pics that document the process of making that. I would enjoy learning how to make one.

Thanks.

Ryan Mooney
03-24-2014, 12:53 AM
That is outstanding. Do you have any pics that document the process of making that. I would enjoy learning how to make one.

Little late on the response here - missed your post. Thanks for the compliment!

Heh, well my "process" isn't very sophisticated. Sorry I didn't take any pics along the way (I keep meaning to but just never really get to it). The basic techniques I followed along the way here are basically the same as those used to do most relief carving, I sure wouldn't take lessons from me at this point on that part there are a good number of folks here that are waay better than me at it :D

For a overview from someone with a lot more skills than I have do, check out Mark Yundt's work on here a lot of what he does is similar in principal (but imho much better done).

Raymond Fries
03-24-2014, 9:21 PM
Nice spoon. I gotta try carving sometime.

Enjoy Life...