PDA

View Full Version : new Sawstop

tony brown
03-09-2014, 10:14 AM
I just purchased a new Sawstop 3HP cabinet saw at the woodworking show. It will be delivered this week and I'm trying to get my shop ready for it.

One thing I cannot find online is a measurement on the placement of the rear dust port. I have an outfeed table for my current saw that I want to reuse and it has a lower shelf. With my current saw, the shelf is located below the dust port so that I can connect the hose. However, I have a feeling the shelf will interfere with Sawstop dust port.

Can anyone with the Sawstop cabinet saw tell me the distance from the top of the dust port to the floor? I have time now to reposition the lower shelf before the saw gets here.

Thanks!

Rich Riddle
03-09-2014, 11:38 AM
If I understand you correctly you want to know the height of the upper (top) of the dust port so that you can establish the lower end of your lower shelf, is that correct? Be sure to factor in the ability to get to clamps and such. I don't have your model but will be at Rockler today and will gladly measure the floor model for you if that is what you mean.

You got to meet the representative who tells tall tales. Last year at the Woodworking Shows he told a group of visitors that he personally knew three woodworkers who cut their fingers off and then slammed their foreheads into the spinning blades. My friend and I asked the names of the woodworkers who committed seppuku in this manner but he indicated it was "confidential." Amazing thing is that people believed him.

tony brown
03-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Rich,

You are correct. I can move the shelf up or down, I just need to know the measurement from the floor to the top of the dust port.

Thanks
Tony

Jay Aubuchon
03-09-2014, 2:39 PM
On my PCS, this distance is 10 7/16 to the top, outside of the dust port.

tony brown
03-09-2014, 3:30 PM
Thanks Jay

Paul M Miller
03-09-2014, 4:31 PM
ICS or PCS? Are you getting a mobile base?

tony brown
03-09-2014, 5:52 PM
PCS and no mobile base

Rich Riddle
03-09-2014, 7:00 PM
It measured almost exactly eleven inches from the floor to the top of the dust extraction port on the rear of the saw. With the slight variation, I would be safe with the height of the shelf.

tony brown
03-09-2014, 8:54 PM
Thanks Rich and Jay. I appreciate your help