PDA

View Full Version : second natural edge bowl

David Coburn
03-08-2014, 11:47 PM
I had so much fun on the first one that I decided to do a second... This one was a little more crazy than the first one... I ended up hand sanding the inside because I busted my little sanding velcro cushion thing that goes in my drill... It was probably a good thing though because I can see how using the drill would have likely allowed me to put too much pressure on the sides and bust one off... Also, the cracks were opening up and so I put some cyanoacrylate in them and then sanded them down again... Looks like it's going to work pretty good... Anyway, this one is a little smaller than the first one but it was much harder to do and not destroy in the process...

this is major fun...

david

Brian Kent
03-09-2014, 12:34 AM
How fun. What color is the velcro cushion. White or yellow? Recently the yellow ones have fallen apart too easily and the better white ones have inadequate velcro. They may be better now. I got them about 8 months ago.

David Coburn
03-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Hi Brian,

it it was actually kind of tan so if I had to choose I guess I'd say yellow... I had had it for about a month.. I was getting pretty aggressive with it so I'm not sure I would blame the pad as much as my abuse of it..

cya,
david

David Coburn
03-09-2014, 10:24 AM
Thought I would post what I consider the most interesting picture of the set... This is the piece when I first mounted it on the lathe... I've done all flat work (less pens & stoppers) for the past 18 years. It still just amazes me that something like the picture below can quickly transform into the pictures above... Turning is so much more gratifying (especially in a time sense) than flat work is...

david