PDA

View Full Version : Bought a shelix cutterhead for planer

Dave Bonde
03-08-2014, 8:27 PM
I might be in trouble - Me - Julie (wife) you might see a large purchase on the credit card. "How much" about $800 "for what!" a new cutter head for my planer "will it get my cabinets done faster" well.... "what does it do" about the same thing the planer does now only better "O @$#%#$" :eek:

Peter Quinn
03-08-2014, 8:55 PM
I've had that conversation. That exact conversation. Smile and wave Dave....smile and wave. Any grief you experience is well worth it. Real nice upgrade. Its not what it does...it what it doesn't do. Like tear out your expensive lumber, clog your dust collector with long fluffy shavings on woods like maple (makes nice neat daily extracted little chips that fill up much slower making you more efficient....ie kitchen down faster), and its much much quieter. Cheaper in the long run versus sharpening. Leaves more money for things like.........kitchen cabinet hardware!

Paul McGaha
03-08-2014, 9:13 PM
I've had that conversation too. Probably time to make a piece or 2 for her.

I had the helical head Powermatic uses put on my jointer last summer. $400 something for an 8"jointer (PJ-882)

My planer came with a helical head on it new.

Love it.

PHM

Craig Behnke
03-08-2014, 11:38 PM
it's your realm, own it

Mike Chalmers
03-09-2014, 5:32 AM
it's your realm, own it

You must be single.

Phil Thien
03-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Here would be my method:

Me: Take a look at this wood, all the fibers are tearing right out in this area.

Wife: Oh wow.

Me: I guess I'm going to ruin a lot of wood this way.

Wife: What are you going to do?

Me: I don't know. I have heard about helical planer heads, do you think that is what those are for?

Wife: Probably, you should look into that.

Now order one and tell her she was once again right.

Charles Coolidge
03-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Amateurs...honey I'm going to be busy all day installing this Shelix cutter head so I bought you an all day pass to the day spa enjoy!

Dave Bonde
03-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Ha interesting how we all think alike :) I am no rookie at it tried almost every angle like you guys problem is my wife is a lot smarter than me :) she usually just stops me and says "just order it" Here is a quick picture of one side of her kitchen unfortunately it has been in this state far to long (no the blue painters tape and expandable bead range hood are not design features. :) 284217

Brian Holcombe
03-09-2014, 12:18 PM
LOML: Why do you own six handsaws? they all look the same to me.

Me: One for every cutting operation, sorta like a bag for every type of occasion….