PDA

View Full Version : Saying hi, glad to be a member here!

Ryan Scott
03-08-2014, 1:13 AM
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself ... and hopefully meet some other experienced sawdust producers in the St Louis area.

I build high-end home stereo loudspeakers full-time, no shortage of problems to figure out during the process. Also a lot of veneer work with exotics. And I do a lot of work with the CNC, I'm lucky to have a 6'x12' AXYZ with vacuum clamp. But my background, or lack thereof, is that I'm completely self-taught. I've never had the pleasure of seeing how other pros do things, and still have a lot to learn! I'm planning to build a much larger workspace this Spring, and hoping to get some advice on layout.

I'm also always looking to outsource this and that, so while this isn't a solicitation of business, I do hope to make some local contacts!

Cheers

Paul McGaha
03-08-2014, 8:53 AM
Welcome to the creek Ryan.

PHM

glenn bradley
03-08-2014, 10:03 AM
Hello Ryan.

Andrew Joiner
03-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Welcome. Wow, self-taught and growing enough to expand your work space, congratulations Ryan!

Bill White
03-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Gladahaveya. Welcome aboard.
Bill

Ryan Scott
03-08-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys, if you want to see examples of what we build see the link in my profile page.

As far as my skills, honestly I'm pretty much a hack. I use the CNC to conceal that reality! But I am a World Class sander :)

Myk Rian
03-08-2014, 11:57 AM
Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself ... and hopefully meet some other experienced sawdust producers in the St Louis area.
Reading responses up to this point, it looks like you're the only one in St. Louis. :D
Welcome.

Bill Huber
03-08-2014, 12:28 PM
Well I know where St Louis is......

Welcome to the Creek and those are some really awesome speakers, look really nice, the finish is really nice.

Kevin Womer
03-08-2014, 9:00 PM
Welcome, this is a great place for information!

Kent A Bathurst
03-09-2014, 3:07 PM
Thanks guys, if you want to see examples of what we build see the link in my profile page.

No can do that, as you see from Bruce's intervention. Innocent mistake on your part. The structure and regs of The Creek are not onerous - it keeps everything on an even keel that differentiates it from other forums. We support it all.

However, I do believe that you can give us some words or terms to use in a google search, which will lead us to the right place.

I'd be interested in seeing whatcha got going.

Kent

PS - Welcome.

Bruce Page
03-09-2014, 4:08 PM
Kent, Ryan has a link to his homepage in his profile. There's some very nice work there.

Ryan Scott
03-12-2014, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome all. I look forward to contributing more ... especially now that sawdust making weather is here!

Kent A Bathurst
03-13-2014, 7:21 PM
Kent, Ryan has a link to his homepage in his profile. There's some very nice work there.

A fella hangs around here long enough, he might start to learn some stuff. :o

Thanks, Bruce - going there right now.

Ryan Scott
03-13-2014, 11:51 PM
A fella hangs around here long enough, he might start to learn some stuff. :o

Thanks, Bruce - going there right now.

I'm hoping to learn a few things myself from the members here! I can turn out a pretty nice looking speaker right now, but it's through pure stubborn-ness making up for lack of skill.