PDA

View Full Version : Aluminium Composite Panel

Ron Sleeman
03-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I have been asked by a client to engrave on Aluminum Composite Panel to make boat slips. Will Cermark or Thermark work on this? Thanks so much for any help or suggestions.
Ron Sleeman

Scott Shepherd
03-07-2014, 10:43 PM
Depends on what it is. If it's the brushed metal look, then most of them are clear coated and cermark won't work. If it's painted, you can engrave through the paint down to the metal.

I did a job with the brushed metal that's about to be in a sign magazine soon. It was Dibond that had the clear on it.

Ron Sleeman
03-08-2014, 10:14 AM
The Aluminium Composite Panel has a white paint over it on both sides. One side is a Gloss & the other side is a Matt finish on it.
Thanks Ron Sleeman

Ross Moshinsky
03-08-2014, 10:32 AM
When you engrave into a painted item, what is revealed is the base color. In this circumstance it would be silver.

If you're looking to have a black letter, the two typical ways of doing that is vinyl or mechanical engraving. If you're looking to mechanical engrave, you'll want to do it with a CNC router. Engraving into the 1/8" material will be a bit tricky. I'm not that experienced but I wouldn't want to work with anything less than 1/4" thick.