PDA

View Full Version : Woodturning on TV - news

Roger Chandler
03-07-2014, 6:39 PM
Looks like Create TV [PBS] will begin airing Woodturning Workshop with Tim Yoder on Sunday March 9th and will have a re-airing on Wednesdays.

http://www.createtv.com/CreateProgram.nsf/vProgramsByNola/WDWK#

Good to see them include a turning program in their schedule again! :)

Scott Hackler
03-07-2014, 6:41 PM
I knew Tim was coming back on the air, but didn't know when. Thanks for the info Roger!

Jon Nuckles
03-07-2014, 7:55 PM
We still get the repeats of the original series here. Do you know if these will be new episodes?

Scott Hackler
03-07-2014, 8:25 PM
Should be all new (or at least new to the viewers). I talked to Tim a few years ago and he said that when they cancelled the show he had just finished filming another season, so I don't know if we will see those episodes or some all new ones.

Dick Mahany
03-07-2014, 8:50 PM
Best news I've heard today, thanks for posting this.

Ralph Lindberg
03-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Em... actually this is not the first time Woodturning Workshop has been on PBS-Create. They are (locally) reshowing Season-4 (which was the final season). They just showed the Trent Bosch episode.
Sunday is the captive ring Goblet, which wraps season four.
Wed is the Shop Stool (episode one season three)
They had previously shown seasons 2 through 4 on PBS-Create
I have yet to see season one however, wish they would as a disk-crash cost me my copies of season-1

Greg Just
03-08-2014, 7:43 AM
This is good news. I recorded an bunch of his shows on my dvr and was watching a few of them just the other night. I'm hoping these episodes are new. I like the way Tim presents the material and he isn't afraid to admit a mistake.

Jay Yoder
03-08-2014, 8:29 AM
I was all excited, until I realized that we won't be getting it here in NC b/c Direct TV does not carry Create network... GRRRR

Greg Just
03-08-2014, 9:49 AM
I was all excited, until I realized that we won't be getting it here in NC b/c Direct TV does not carry Create network... GRRRR

Same here! If you still have an old fashion antenna, you should be able to watch it live.

Peter Blair
03-08-2014, 9:54 AM
Can't find any reference to the show out here in BC.
Does anyone know if it might be 'streamed' as well?

George Eadon
03-08-2014, 10:15 AM
Tim recently announced that he will be doing an online video series for Popular Woodworking: 30-minute videos, every other week, starting April 5. It's not clear to me if or how they will charge for this. In addition to the project stuff, he will also "offer reviews of the latest lathe tools, chucks and accessories to help you determine the best products to buy," according to the announcement. So maybe it will be fully supported by sponsors?

http://www.popularwoodworking.com/popular-woodworking-presents-woodturning-tim-yoder