PDA

View Full Version : New Trotec Owner

john passek
03-06-2014, 9:08 PM
We just purchased a Speedy 100 60 watts after 5 years with an Epilog mini 24, 50 watt which we were more than happy with, never had an issue with it but the lease was up so we went for a trotec.
Just wondering what other trotec owners have to say about their machine, are they easy to operate, maintain, etc.
What features do you like/don't like.
Are there any tricks to doing things easier.
Thanks for any input.
John

Robert Tepper
03-06-2014, 10:38 PM
John,
Congratulations on your purchase. I have a Trotec Rayjet 300 with 80 watts. My machine runs 7 days a week and I am very happy with it.
I am not familiar with the software on the Speedy, it is different then on the Rayjet. I run Corel X6.

My advice is to keep your machine as clean as possible, check and clean your lens and mirrors daily. Vacuum out dirt and drop off pieces. Your machine will give you many years of productive results.

Robert

Mark Sipes
03-07-2014, 3:57 AM
I find my Trotec to be very user friendly and easy to maintain.....outstanding design. ..Congrats

Scott Shepherd
03-07-2014, 8:30 AM
Hi John, congratulations on your new machine! Overall, there is a small learning curve coming from the Epilog. Mainly it's just about understanding the difference in hitting print and having the job go to the laser and hitting print and having it go into Job Control, where you have a lot of flexibility to change things and do various things once it's there. For instance, once you send the job over, you can duplicate or rotate the job. You can optimize the paths so it doesn't waste any motion, etc. You can also change the material setting after you've sent the job over. So it's a little more involved than the Epilog, and that takes a little getting used to and understanding. Once you do, I think you'll be just fine. It's such a powerful piece of software. It can do a lot. After more than 2 years of using it, I still figure out things I didn't know about it constantly.

If you need any help getting going or run into any issues that confuse you when coming from the Epilog, just post them here and we'll all get you sorted out if we can.

Best of luck!

Mike Null
03-07-2014, 8:59 AM
John

Great purchase. Steve (Scott) knows more about this than even the Trotec people. He's my "go to" guy for JCX info.

Scott Shepherd
03-07-2014, 9:42 AM
John

Great purchase. Steve (Scott) knows more about this than even the Trotec people. He's my "go to" guy for JCX info.

LOL, thanks for the endorsement Mike. I'm not sure that's accurate, but I'll help if I can. Just last week Amie and I were having a "That's not how it works" discussion. She said it does one thing, I say it does something else and in the end, she won because she's smarter than me :)

I still think she's wrong, but she pulled out bigger words than I could understand and I lost the ability to continue the debate!

Dan Hintz
03-07-2014, 11:34 AM
LOL, thanks for the endorsement Mike. I'm not sure that's accurate, but I'll help if I can. Just last week Amie and I were having a "That's not how it works" discussion. She said it does one thing, I say it does something else and in the end, she won because she's smarter than me :)

I still think she's wrong, but she pulled out bigger words than I could understand and I lost the ability to continue the debate!

I need to be a part of those discussions, Steve... ;)

Scott Shepherd
03-07-2014, 12:20 PM
I need to be a part of those discussions, Steve... ;)

Okay Mr. FunnyMan, I'm making notes here.......

Dan.......2 demerits......

:p

Mike Null
03-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Dan

You first need to plug the machine in and turn it on.:D

Scott Shepherd
03-07-2014, 1:03 PM
Dan

You first need to plug the machine in and turn it on.:D

LOL - One of the funniest comments I've read on here in a long time Mike, excellent timing :D

john passek
03-07-2014, 2:16 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I'll be sure to ask here if I have trouble getting up and running.
Are there any Trotec forums or blog sites other than SC that I could check out.

Keith Outten
03-07-2014, 4:01 PM
John,

We have a Trotec Users Group here at The Creek. With all the new Trotec owners that are part of our Community our numbers are climbing and I hope our Users Group will become more active. On the lower blue bar above select Community then Groups. Kristina Jones from Trotec is a member of our user group.

john passek
03-07-2014, 8:27 PM
Thanks Keith
I just checked it out, do you have to do anything to become a member, it looked like I was already added in the members list.
Look forward to seeing it grow too.

Keith Winter
03-11-2014, 9:36 PM
Congrats on your new machine John! We've got two Trotec Speedy 300s, 75w. We had a tube go out on the first one last year during the first year we had it. They got us back up within 2 business days. We were so happy with the service we bought a second one this year. Great machines, and even better service which is key!

Robert Tepper
03-11-2014, 11:44 PM
I had a tube go out at 14 months. I called my salesman and Trotec sent a new tube, overnight. This was on a Thursday. My salesman came out on a Saturday and installed the new tube. This was 8 hours before he had to catch a flight to a trade show. That is what I call fantastic support. I only lost one day of production.

Robert

Kristina Jones
03-12-2014, 9:27 AM
Welcome to the Trotec Family John! The Trotec Canada Team is top notch and will definitely take good care of you. There is nothing that you need to do to join the Trotec User Group other than sign up. We would love to have you join!

john passek
03-13-2014, 2:18 PM
Thank you Kristina
Not much action going on in the group but look forward to checking in to see whats new.
I haven't even plugged my new machine in yet but when I do I'm sure I'll have questions.
Looking forward to learning the new print driver and features the speedy 100 has .

Bill Cunningham
03-13-2014, 10:13 PM

I can't argue with my wife, I think shes a bit psychic.. She seems to know I'm wrong before I even open my mouth!:eek:

Craig Dawes
03-14-2014, 4:37 AM
G'Day everyone, I am looking at a Trotec Speedy 100 Flexx and just wondering if anyone has used one of these and are they as good as they say.
I might have to wait awhile on the purchase as I was quoted $75k just for the base setup, hmm need more customers with long run jobs, also have to convince the wife we need it.