PDA

View Full Version : rabbit laser problem

Andrew mcwherter
03-06-2014, 7:39 PM
Can anyone help me. I bought a used rabbit laser with no software. long story short I'm having a problem with the DLL version not matching the firmware. I called rabbitlaser and I got a different version of software but still get the Dll thing. I have tried everything that I can think of. I have been on the web for the past 3 weeks trying to figure out if I'm forgetting something or missing a step. if anyone can help please email me or Pm me. thanks andy

Dave Sheldrake
03-06-2014, 8:18 PM
Which model is it Andy? I have most of the HX Lasers software versions to match firmwares.

The error is caused by the .dll file in the installed software being different to the one in the machines firmware.

cheers

Dave

Andrew mcwherter
03-06-2014, 8:26 PM
I have the hx1525 flat bed it has a leetro mpc6535 controller

Dave Sheldrake
03-06-2014, 8:51 PM
Not a problem, I'll dig out the install files in the morning and email them over when I get into work.

One of these :)

cheers

Dave

Andrew mcwherter
03-06-2014, 9:58 PM
yep that's what I have. I'm just doing this for a hobby and was going to by a 2 x 4 foot machine. but they were 10k I found this one for 5k but no software. I bought the software for 500 so not too bad so far. but for a hobby the machine is kind of large. how do you like the machine in general. does it cut fast. I was trying to find some videos of it cutting on youtube but there was only one so I really couldn't tell how fast it was going. I'll look for the programs in the morning thanks for the help.

Dave Sheldrake
03-07-2014, 6:53 AM
Hi Andy,

A lot depends on the tube size that is fitted, they are slower than the smaller machines due to the weight of the tube gantry , they also have a longer focal length lens and I don't like the method of setting the focus (horrible up and down on the lens tube).
Overall a great machine but mainly for large sheets of similar size rather than multiple jobs of different types.
One big benefit is that the distance between mirror 1 and mirror 2 is fixed, it makes aligning a lot easier for sure ;)
I'm off into work now so I'll grab the software you need :)

cheers

Dave