PDA

View Full Version : Jet Hybrid saw in a shopmade workstation?

Kevin Miller
03-06-2014, 7:33 PM
Hi all,

My shop is under construction and while I wait, I was thinking about my table saw installation. It's new and in the box. I have the Jet Hybrid saw. I have the long rails and because of that, I was thinking of incorporating the whole thing into a saw station to add more structure and also storage space and drawers.

The Jet Hybrid has four legs and I can't tell from the installation manual exploded diagrams if it would be OK to leave those off and just mount the cabinet portion on a shop-made saw station or not. Does anyone have this saw or experience with it? Can the legs be removed from the cabinet without hurting the cabinet strength?

I know the legs bolt on so I know they can physically be left off, but they are angular in shape and made to wrap each corner of the cabinet from what I can tell so I was worried that they are perhaps designed to add structural strength to the cabinet in addition to holding the saw up.

So thought I would ask if anyone had tried something like that with this saw or not to get advice.

Thanks all,

Kevin