PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui: Loud noise on Y-axis

Arjen Abbestee
03-06-2014, 11:44 AM
I've been running my G350 for a while now and though it appears to run fine, I am a bit worried about the noise levels on the Y-axis. A straight line from left to right is almost silent. A straight line top to bottom makes a humming noise, a curve makes more noise as the Y-axis slows down (so close to the 'top' of a circle). It seems the Y-axis makes more noise as it goes slower. Sometimes the whole machine is resonating due to the vibration caused by the Y-axis movements.
I read somewhere about a faulty driver causing this. Should I be worried?

john banks
03-06-2014, 1:53 PM
Check for loose wires and swap the drivers around.

Arjen Abbestee
03-06-2014, 2:06 PM
Wires are checked, nothing wrong there (as far as I can see). I tried swapping the drivers, but I'd have to unscrew them to do so because the wires are too short to simply exchange the plugs. But I don't see another way to test it so I'll try that tomorrow.

Walt Langhans
03-06-2014, 2:20 PM
Yeah mine makes the same noise, but I haven't run into any problems. I think it's just how it is.

john banks
03-06-2014, 2:46 PM
Ours became rough at some speeds with a faulty driver and later a loose connection.

Arjen Abbestee
03-06-2014, 2:57 PM
What connection was loose? So many wires and connectors...

john banks
03-06-2014, 3:02 PM
Loose screw on one of the wires at the stepper motor driver. The glue that Shenhui put all over didn't make it obvious, took a while and some soldering to try another cable and testing to discover.

Arjen Abbestee
03-06-2014, 3:15 PM
I'll check all screws tomorrow as well.

Arjen Abbestee
03-12-2014, 12:11 PM
All screws are tight, exchanging both drivers is a bit of a hassle so I postponed doing that.
Will keep you posted,

A