PDA

View Full Version : Laser tube upgrade Trotec Speedy 300 with 30watt

bryan henderson
03-05-2014, 7:46 AM
I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their Trotec Speedy 300 from 30 watt to a higher tube. As everyone seems to mention on here just as I got the same sales pitch when I was purchasing this that it was upgradeable to go to a higher wattage down the road. I think this machine will go up to 75 watts but when I contact Trotec, I cannot even seem to get a price out of them. If anyone has done this or knows someone that has please let me know.

Bryan

Jiten Patel
03-05-2014, 7:48 AM
Why are Trotec not giving you a price - surely it's in their best interest to give you one. Phone them up and demand a price - surely they will give it to you. As far I am aware, you will need to upgrade other parts such as the power source to accommodate more power.

Mike Null
03-05-2014, 9:50 AM
Brian

I can only give you the answer I got some time back. "It's not worth your while to upgrade as you have to replace too many components besides the tube. You're really better off selling your machine and buying a more powerful one."

Now, to complicate matters further, I understand the ceramic tube is not interchangeable with existing sealed tubes so it becomes a moot issue.

Dan Hintz
03-05-2014, 4:28 PM
I understand the ceramic tube is not interchangeable with existing sealed tubes so it becomes a moot issue.

Ant reason offered why? Unless it's a different mechanical configuration (screw locations, etc.), I would think ceramic and sealed aluminum both have the output window at the same location, use roughly similar amounts of power, etc.

Art Anderson
03-05-2014, 7:31 PM
In April of last year, I had my Trotec Speedy 300 45 watt Coherent tube remanufactured by Photovac Laser Corporation in Grove City, Ohio as the price was significantly less than quoted by other sources. I would suggest giving them a call, as they had a new 45 watt Coherent for sale at the time, and may have some supplies which might work for you. Their web site is WWW.Photovaclaser.Com or 614-875-3300. It is worth a try.

Art Anderson

Mike Null
03-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Dan

I asked the question out of curiosity as sooner or later I'll have to replace my 7 year old tube. They (Amie) simply said they were not interchangeable. I didn't pursue the reasons. I then asked the price on the Coherent and it was $4800 due to the fact that Trotec no longer has bargaining power with them. That means a refurb with one of the two outfits I know of.

As of this week Bell Laser appears to have the more interesting prices.