PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed for an ordering mistake

David Rust
03-04-2014, 6:46 PM
So... I ordered the wrong stuff.... Now I am looking for ideas on what to do with it.

I ordered 15ea 4.5"x24"x3/32" Alder from Colorado Heirloom. Really nice wood and they were great to deal with, but... I really needed the 1/8" thickness... so I need to reorder tomorrow.

Any project ideas for the 3/32" Alder sheets?

Thanks,

Dan Hintz
03-04-2014, 6:56 PM
Business cards with magnets on the back... too thick to be a real business card, but thick enough to be durable for a refrigerator magnet.

Bill Cunningham
03-04-2014, 7:50 PM
You can get nice photographs into alder.. Better than Baltic Birch, luggage & golf bag tags.

Gary Hair
03-04-2014, 7:51 PM
So... I ordered the wrong stuff.... Now I am looking for ideas on what to do with it.

I ordered 15ea 4.5"x24"x3/32" Alder from Colorado Heirloom. Really nice wood and they were great to deal with, but... I really needed the 1/8" thickness... so I need to reorder tomorrow.

Any project ideas for the 3/32" Alder sheets?

Thanks,

I'm pretty sure you won't figure out anything to do with it, might as well ship it to me and I can dispose of it properly... I'll pm my address :)

Mike Null
03-05-2014, 7:06 AM
I would imagine they'll take it back with a reasonable restocking fee. I do business with them and find them to be accommodating.