PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Krešimir Vranjković
03-04-2014, 10:07 AM
Hello everybody!

Just wanted to introduce myself, I guess this is the place to do it?:)

I am a beginner at laser engraving, and I am also interested in woodworking in general.

This forum already proved to be a great source of information, and I'm sure it will continue to be.

Cheers!

Krešo

Tony Lenkic
03-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the forum Kreso,
Are you working from home or you have a shop?

Last time I visited Zadar was in 2008.

Rick Potter
03-04-2014, 11:29 AM
Welcome Kreso,

I am sure we will learn from you also.

Rick Potter

Krešimir Vranjković
03-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Kreso,
Are you working from home or you have a shop?

Last time I visited Zadar was in 2008.

I am currently working from home, but I am planning to open a shop in the next couple of months.
I live in Bibinje, near Zadar, and I believe Lenkic is actually a common name here!:)

Dennis Peacock
03-04-2014, 12:19 PM
I moved this thread from OT to here so that Kresmir would get better info and a right place introduction. :)

Tony Lenkic
03-04-2014, 12:20 PM
Kreso,

Yes that is right Lenkic(s) are in Bibinje and Dracevac (iznad Bibinja).

Pozdrav,

David Somers
03-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Kresimir,

What kinds of things are you hoping to do with your laser?

If you think of it, you might put the equipment you have into your signature section of the forum. That way it appears at the bottom of all your posts and helps folks when you ask for or offer help.

And welcome to the group!!!!

Dave

Don Morris
03-04-2014, 5:15 PM
Welcome to the Creek! I was stationed at NATO in southern Italy and toured through Croatia around 1990. Can't remember the exact year. Walked the wall around Dubrovnik, took a ferry to the Dalmation Island that had a wonderful town: Stari Grad. The food was wonderful, the people friendly and we had a great time.

Michael Gonzales
03-04-2014, 5:23 PM
I am currently working from home, but I am planning to open a shop in the next couple of months.

Kreso,

Welcome to SMC.
Good luck with the new shop!

Mike g

Robert Tepper
03-04-2014, 11:02 PM
Welcome, best of luck in your new venture/adventure!

Robert

Krešimir Vranjković
03-06-2014, 6:28 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome!

David, I am still deep in the learning process, I am happy to get any kind of job at this point. I am interested in granite and glass etching, especially glasses/bottles, and that is the area I am going to focus on in the future. Also, engraving wood is appealing, but I'm still looking for the wood supplier in the area, everybody around here is using MDF and chipboard, no real wood to be found in small quantities:(
Also, I already put my laser model in the signature, it is visible to me at least?

Don, 1990/91 was maaybe not the best time to visit, unfortunately. If you come again, I'm sure you'll find it even more wonderful:) The name of the island is Hvar!

Cheers!

Mike Null
03-06-2014, 7:49 AM
Kreso

Welcome to Sawmill Creek.

Dee Gallo
03-06-2014, 9:22 AM
Welcome to the Creek, we look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

cheers, dee