PDA

View Full Version : By the way I bought a ShopBot...!!!!

Keith Ratliff
06-19-2005, 9:39 AM
I bought a shop bot which I am not sure if you all know what it is. It is a cnc router which is a blast to use. I got it set up last week and have already started putting it to work. I have been cutting signs and odd items for people. I seem to like the programs that came with it. One thing I wish I could get now is the plasma cutter for it as cutting steel is more my cup of tea. Well I will keep you all updated and I will get pictures online ASAP.

mike malone
06-19-2005, 9:41 AM
hi keith...good gloat!!! send pictures
mike

Dennis Peacock
06-19-2005, 9:56 AM
Keith,

Congrats on the shopbot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now......Where's the pictures????? :confused:

Keith Outten
06-19-2005, 12:49 PM
Very Cool,

Now I'm not the only Shopbotter here at the Creek. Like laser engravers the list will grow in time...maybe we will have a CNC Routing Forum.

Keith R. - Make sure you visit the Lets Talk ShopBot Forum frequently.

Jim Hager
06-19-2005, 12:54 PM
We have a plasma cutter at the school where I work that we got last school year. A Plasma Cam system is the brand name. We are learning to use it in our shop here to do things to earn a little money for the FFA chapter. We constructed this bench for a retiring teacher and used the plasma cam to cut out the first measure of his favorite song. He was a music teacher.

http://www.hagerwoodworks.com/blue2lg.jpg

aurelio alarcon
06-20-2005, 2:39 AM
We have a plasma cutter at the school where I work that we got last school year. A Plasma Cam system is the brand name. We are learning to use it in our shop here to do things to earn a little money for the FFA chapter. We constructed this bench for a retiring teacher and used the plasma cam to cut out the first measure of his favorite song. He was a music teacher.
This bench is absolutely beautiful! Wow! Great work!

Chip Olson
06-20-2005, 2:54 PM
A friend of mine built his own computer-controlled plasma cutter. Wonder if it could be modified to work withj my PC690.