PDA

View Full Version : Jointech digital router lift

Bob Michaels
03-02-2014, 11:05 AM
I have one of the Jointech digital router lifts that I have gotten pretty comfortable with over the years. Only issue I have ever had is with the lift mechanism (pretty important since that's what it's all about :)). Factory repaired it several years ago, but, now I think they bit the dust ? Can't locate them. I have the whole router package that I bought at a WW show...table, lift, Incra type fence system...and like I said, I like it. Has anyone done any self repairs to the lift when the drive belt slips. Would appreciate any info and details. Has anyone replaced a Jointech lift with something else similar that they like ? For a PC 7518, it looks like a Woodpeckers/Jessem PRL-V2 with Wixey DRO is close as I can see.

Don Jarvie
03-02-2014, 6:03 PM
I have one but haven't had any issues. May want to take it out of the table and give it a good cleaning and make sure nothing's loose. I spray some dry lube on the lift parts every now and then.

Bob Michaels
03-02-2014, 9:42 PM
Good advice, Don. I have had it out of the table but, you're right, I should do a little tuning before assuming it needs mechanical repair. Thanks. Bob.