PDA

View Full Version : Sketchup Question

Lee Schierer
03-01-2014, 9:14 PM
I'm trying to draw this cabinet with some differences to the base. 283732I started out by trying to draw the cabinet section of the base, figuring it would be easier to add the base later. I added a 3/4" thick top but I want it to have rounded edges on the front and side like the cherry colored counter top in the photo. How do I draw out the cherry portion to have rounded edges that meet at the corners? I could add a curved portion, but it had notches in the corners. How do I either run the curve around the corner or how do I make them meet in a miter?

Lee

Dan Friedrichs
03-01-2014, 9:38 PM
1) Draw the top with the correct profiling on the corners

2) Draw the bullnose

3) Use "Follow me" tool to drag the bullnose around the profile

4) Use "Push/Pull" tool to bring top to correct thickness

Bob Lang
03-01-2014, 9:57 PM
There's an easier way to use Follow Me. Draw the top and the profile on a corner as suggested above. Select the edges around the top that Follow Me will use as a path. Get the Follow Me tool and click on the profile. That runs the profile on the preselected path, quicker, easier and less chance of an error than tracing the path manually.

Bob Lang

Steve Baumgartner
03-02-2014, 10:17 AM
There's an easier way to use Follow Me. Draw the top and the profile on a corner as suggested above. Select the edges around the top that Follow Me will use as a path. Get the Follow Me tool and click on the profile. That runs the profile on the preselected path, quicker, easier and less chance of an error than tracing the path manually.

Bob Lang

If the Edges completely enclose a Face, you can also just select the Face, which is faster and easier than selecting the Edges one-by-one.

Bob Lang
03-02-2014, 2:43 PM
If the Edges completely enclose a Face, you can also just select the Face, which is faster and easier than selecting the Edges one-by-one.

Absolutely, I was thinking of going around 3 sides and the front.

Bob Lang