PDA

View Full Version : New Shenhui G460 - How to troubleshoot no laser pulse

John Calhoun
03-01-2014, 8:24 PM
I have a 60 Watt G460 Shenhui. I spent the past two days uncrating it and setting it up.

Everything appears to be set up correctly. Water is running (I got the CW5000 just in case I upgrade to a higher wattage in the future), ground is grounded, air pump operating, HV wires twisted around the electrodes on the laser tube.

I power on the top switch, the second switch, the third switch. The machine goes through a start-up mode where the laser head moves to the back-right and then comes to roughly the center. The CW5000 after the initial beep/alarm appears normal.

I have a piece of the white tape covering first mirror — hit the "Pulse" button on the LCD and no hole. The ammeter never twitches — just sits at zero.

Any trouble shooting tips? Could my power supply be DOA?

I searched the forums and came up empty.

Jerome Stanek
03-01-2014, 8:53 PM
is the cover closed or did you by pass the safty switch

John Calhoun
03-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Thanks, Jerome.

So, somehow I got it to work. My best guess is that I need to turn on the pump before the laser power supply. Either that or ... gremlins.

FWIW, I had tried it with the cover both open and closed. It turns out the Shenhui doesn't care if the cover is open. :-)

George M. Perzel
03-02-2014, 5:38 AM
John;
A couple of things...
Shenhui's don't have door interlocks, but they can be simply added
Sounds strange, but run a ground wire to one of the screws on the water flow sensor and pulse issue should go away
Always turn on water pump before any laser power-always
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts