PDA

View Full Version : Machine ID please

Gary Malone
02-28-2014, 5:01 PM
I recently bought out a closed engraving business and this was included in the sale and I'm not sure exactly what it does and if this is still used or has any value. I googled it and looks like the company that made it is out of business. Plugs into 220 volt and has connections for water hook-up. I know it's some sort of stamp making machine, has a drawer with UV lights, and came with a bunch of blank stamps like you would stamp the back of a check with. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Paul Phillips
02-28-2014, 5:55 PM
Gary, it would appear to be a photopolymer processing machine, it was originally used for making printing plates but was adapted by the sign industry to make ADA signs. I used to run a similar machine from jetusa.com. Depending on the size they can easily sell for sell for $10k+, it doesn't appear to be the biggest though but could still be worth several thousand depending on condition.

Mark Sipes
02-28-2014, 6:16 PM
Here is my best shot...

http://www.padprintmachinery.com/Ancillary-Products/Plate-Makers/BR35SV-plate-maker

Gary Malone
02-28-2014, 7:11 PM
Thanks Paul and Mark, had just enough time to glance at the website Mark and that is built just like the one I have. I'll study it some more over the weekend but the last thing I need is "another machine to learn to operate and maintain". Maybe I find someone who needs one and get it out of my shop! Again thanks for the info!