PDA

View Full Version : I pulled the trigger today at the ARA show...

Don Corbeil
02-27-2014, 7:07 PM
On a Trotec Speedy 300 80W.
I spent a lot of time the last couple of days here with the Trotec and ULS reps (as well as owners/users), peppering them with questions and sampling requests. Can you say badgered? lol. Hey, no regrets there!
Of course everyone had some good show prices going, and Trotec was right in there and worked with me the whole way. It was a tough decision between the ULS (PLS 6.75) and a Speedy 300. They both looked very good to me. When I factored everything in and crunched the numbers, it was a green light for the 300. I am happy with my decision, and look forward to getting going.

Thanks to everyone who offered me feedback on my earlier posts asking for help in the process. It was invaluable in asking the right questions while here. I am very appreciative. Now the real work begins...:rolleyes:

Mark Sipes
02-27-2014, 7:31 PM
Now you have to update your signature block to.... Trotec 300 Probie

Scott Shepherd
02-27-2014, 7:32 PM
Congratulations Don! Welcome to the family!

Mike Null
02-27-2014, 8:00 PM
Well,yet another guy gets the one I want.

Congratulations Don. Great choice.

Robert Tepper
02-27-2014, 9:19 PM
Great purchase! Congratulations, you will be very happy with your choice.

Robert

Don Corbeil
02-28-2014, 2:22 AM
hey thanks everybody... Now it's time to execute my plan to pay for this at the blackjack table :eek:

Steve Morris
02-28-2014, 4:22 AM
Haha I tried that last year, ended up having to drown my sorrows as well :p

You won't regret buying the 300

Jiten Patel
02-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Well done mate - welcome to the Trotec family!

David Somers
02-28-2014, 10:53 AM
Congrats Don!!!! I am jealous!!! I will keep playing with my laser pointer and pretend I am engraving things with it!!! <grin> Let us know how it goes and if you have some time, do a bit of a write up on the experience like Dan has been doing.

Good luck at the tables too!! <grin>

Dave

Jason Hilton
02-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Congrats! Looking forward to one of my own some day. Post us some unboxing pics!

Chuck Jarrett
02-28-2014, 6:58 PM
I think you will be happy with your decision. I would avoid the blackjack table though.

Don Corbeil
04-03-2014, 11:31 AM
My speedy 300 finally arrived yesterday afternoon. Oh the joy! All in all, from order date to delivery was just over one month.

I wanted to post a few pictures of the unpacking, but wasn't able to take any because it turned out to be a hectic afternoon. I had to move fast due to an incoming snow storm, a late delivery by the shipping company, and a couple of friends who took time off work to help me lift the head unit onto the stand. At over 300 lbs, it took all three of us to lift it from the crate and place it onto the stand. But after some quick assembly of the stand (which side is front??), aligning the unit into place, and a couple of bolts, I had it together and wheeled it into place next to the exhaust system I installed earlier. To top it all, when I first called the trotec rep to go over a couple of things before assembling, I found out he was down with food poisoning in albuquerque, and was running behind schedule for our training meeting on friday. He still plans to make it here on friday, but he was quite happy he won't have to lift anything heavy.

The delivery weight of the system was 600+ lbs, and fortunately I was able to get the shipper to wheel it directly into the garage/shop before the storm hit. Good thing because this morning there was a fresh 2" of very wet snow on the ground. It is safe and sound now.

Today I will connect the laser to my exhaust system, which I set up to align as well as I could with the outlet port - 26" on center from floor to port outlet. It looks spot on. All I need to do is get a short coupling and clamp it into place, and it will be ready to go for the rep on friday.

*edit: updated signature!

David Somers
04-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Yow!

Congrats to you!! Have fun on Friday!!!!

Dave

Kristina Jones
04-08-2014, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the Trotec family Don! It was wonderful getting to meet you at ARA and I am glad that everything was delivered before the storm hit. :)

Dee Gallo
04-08-2014, 3:42 PM
Congratulations, Don, it sounds like you have planned ahead well for your new toy's arrival. Now comes the fun part, engraving everything in sight! Have fun and keep records for your future work.

cheers, dee

Don Corbeil
04-09-2014, 11:13 AM
Thanks everyone!

Kristina, it was good to meet you at the show too. Very happy with my purchase and the S300. I am really enjoying working with it, experimenting, and learning what its capabilities are. Matt came down last week, and if you don't already know, he had an eventful road trip. He dug deep and pulled it out though, and got here to help me set it up and train on schedule.

Dee, you are so correct in saying "engraving everything in sight". LOL. I'm in that well documented phase of looking at practically everything as if for the first time, through the filter of asking myself "Hmmm, can I engrave that?? Lets see..."

Dave, I hope you will consider a laser soon. You bring a lot of help to others, even without owning one yet!

Robert Tepper
04-10-2014, 11:11 PM
Congratulations on your life changing investment.

Robert