View Full Version : Anyone with experience with Woodtek 21" Drill Press

Gary Howorka
02-27-2014, 2:33 PM
Got one locally on craigslist for $600.

thx

Gary

Cary Falk
02-27-2014, 3:57 PM
No experience with them. I now they are the house brand for Woodworker Supply. I have never heard a whole lot about them either way. At full price ($1299) I think they are crazy for average specs. I think the price is too high for used personally. I would be curious for around $400.

Tom M King
02-27-2014, 6:21 PM
No experience with the drill press, but have a Woodtek 6" jointer, and 3 hp Dust Collector, both sizes of table top HCM's, and have been very pleased with all of them. They do have a really good parts guy. My large mortiser came with a cracked base, and they had another base to me in 2 days. They offered to send another machine, but I told them I didn't mind swapping the base, so they sent the base right out.

edited to add: I went to WS site and looked at the drill press. If I was over that way, I'd go buy it. It has a nice large table, and all their machines are really beefy. I have an old Powermatic that works great, but having a makeshift table raising and lowering method (trailer tongue crank) makes me often wish I had one that worked as well with a good table raiser built in.

johnny means
02-27-2014, 6:50 PM
I would be all over that. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. 21" inch DPs are a rare beast and it's <50% of new. I would through $450 at them, see if they bite. If they were firm, it'd still feel good about that price.

Doug Ladendorf
02-27-2014, 7:28 PM
I have a Woodtek 15" planer that I like. They are comparable to Grizzly. In fact some of the designs seem identical but for the paint. Likely made in the same plant.

Thomas Hotchkin
02-27-2014, 8:14 PM
Gary
No, but got this one for $500 and put another $150 into it, I think it will last me for awhile. 20" Powermatic Tom

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=282973&d=1393015751&thumb=1