PDA

View Full Version : Quilting templates cut from acrylic

bryan henderson
02-27-2014, 11:14 AM
Does anyone have some files for templates that i can use to cut out of acrylic. My wife has decided to take up longarm quilting. Besides starting from scratch and designing, jsut thought I throw out the question before I started. I see some have rostered trace lines on them also.

Bryan

AL Ursich
02-27-2014, 3:56 PM
I have seen some posts here over the years of some that keep a laser working 8 hours a day doing just that for the Big Boys... I have never seen a file... Beware of the Copyright issues with some non standard designs...

AL

Joe Pelonio
02-27-2014, 8:35 PM
I did literally thousands of them for a long-arm quilter in Kansas who sold the templates and other supplies on her website. There were probably 25 different sizes and shapes. Unfortunately as Al said, these are all patented and cannot be shared.

AL Ursich
02-28-2014, 5:55 PM
I saw $$ in my eyes a few years ago and bought a large box of Quilt Plastic Templates on eBay, close to 100... Someone selling Granny's stuff... When I looked at duplicating them to sell, most had Trademarks and Copyright on them being for specific patterns... I took them to a Quilt Store and we looked in the Pattern Books and sure enough... Most had a "Don't Do it AL... We will find you...." in writing.... LOL.. That put an end of it for me.... I did know Joe was into it Big Time from a post a few years ago but did not want to mention him by name...

I am still trying to get rid of about 75% of the Quilt Racks I made in 2007, my first adventure in the the Quilt side of business... When it really came down to it... Granny didn't want to really open her purse.... Everyone wanted a Quilt Rack until it was time to pay for one.... I gave away more than I ever sold.

It did lead to Wine Racks by turning the rails points up.... So the CD/Book/Wine Rack was born... And they sell... :)

Good Luck,

AL