PDA

View Full Version : Eviction notice (s)

Bob Rufener
02-26-2014, 2:45 PM
I have been evicted!!! I received 4 emails today saying that I must vacate my house because of an eviction notice. One was signed Jessica Tailor and said I must vacate the house until March 26. The second was signed by Dorothy Mason and the date now is March 20. The third is signed by Alena Mason and kicks me out until March 24th. The 4th is signed by Ruth Tailor and tells me I must vacate until March 28th. My quandary is which one do I believe..................

I haven't opened the attachment to any of the notices so I guess I won't find out how they came up with a new wrinkle trying to scam people. Geeesssschhhhh.

My trash can is getting filled rapidly.

Myk Rian
02-26-2014, 4:22 PM
That's a new one.
You had better get out before they send the Poleece your way.

ken masoumi
02-26-2014, 4:29 PM
Never heard this one before,new scam?
I get the odd linkedin,costco,ebay ups,fedex junk but never the eviction notice.you better start packing.:)

Tim Janssen
02-26-2014, 9:02 PM
At least they allow you to move back in after that date!

Bill McNiel
02-26-2014, 9:07 PM
Are these ex girlfriends?

Phil Thien
02-26-2014, 9:09 PM
We laugh but a certain percentage of the population will open the attachments.

Crazy.

Bill Huber
02-26-2014, 9:14 PM
Do a Google search on "eviction notice email" there is a ton of stuff out there on it.

John Coloccia
02-26-2014, 9:36 PM
I might be able to give you a hand, Bob. You see I know this guy, a general actually, in Zimbabwe and you're not going to believe how much he's going to pay me for helping him out...

paul cottingham
02-26-2014, 9:50 PM
I might be able to give you a hand, Bob. You see I know this guy, a general actually, in Zimbabwe and you're not going to believe how much he's going to pay me for helping him out...

Man, you can't trust anybody these days. That general promised me I am the only guy he's paying to help him.....

Rick Potter
02-27-2014, 2:54 AM
Yeah,
I knew his brother in Nigeria. Lot of good it did me, but I have high hopes for the banker that just contacted me. He is the only one who knows about the extra money they forgot they have.

Rick P

Steve Baumgartner
02-27-2014, 8:51 AM
It's a scam to get Windows users to open the attachment, which contains malware. The initial malware downloads more and joins your computer into a global botnet that does various evil things, among them being sending out these emails.

Lee Schierer
02-27-2014, 4:00 PM
Since you're being evicted, I will store all your tools and wood for free as long as I can use them.:D

Doug Ladendorf
02-27-2014, 4:05 PM
It's a scam to get Windows users to open the attachment, which contains malware. The initial malware downloads more and joins your computer into a global botnet that does various evil things, among them being sending out these emails.

Steve is correct. The business where I work is one of the many addresses spoofed to look legit. It has a malware payload that you don't want to mess with.
Doug

Roger Feeley
02-28-2014, 2:38 PM
The fascinating thing about these emails is that they are deliberately designed to eliminate people too smart to be scammed. These guys want a narrow slice of the population that has money and is gullible enough to part with it. What they don't want is to waste time on a smart person.

Richard McComas
03-02-2014, 5:33 AM
This is a copy and paste from a guy over at "The Wood Works" forum.

Last week, I received a eviction notice from Sun Coast reality service! Huh? Fortunately I opened it on our old pc, wondering wth? Huh? ???BAD move. dunce..got 39 different trojan's or virus's ...old pc has just about gone to byte heaven, or maybe it's hell!

Doug Ladendorf
03-02-2014, 8:19 AM
Yeah, be careful. Nowadays it will infect other computers on the network. In that case I would take the computer offline - hard wired or wifi.