PDA

View Full Version : Life is extremely hard sometimes -

Raymond Fries
02-25-2014, 4:43 PM
For months, I have been anxiously awaiting to post that I have joined the ranks of grandfather for my first grandchild, Soren Immanuel Kelly, was born yesterday at 12:40 pm. However, because of complications little Soren passed away only 1 hour later in ER at a hospital. It was horrible. We were at a natural birthing center and the whole family was there. I bet I rubbed my daughter’s back for at least 5 hours listening to her cry out from the pain of labor while she held on to her husband. This was her first child and the 14 hour long labor was an unusually difficult. Everything was just fine until the very end at the push stage. When Soren was born, the “ very rare short cord” had snapped during the last two pushes and he was rushed to the hospital where his life ended. That was a 38-hour day for our family that ended in sadness and pain. NO woman should have to go through what she did only to lose the baby. I guess we are blessed that we did not lose our daughter as well.

Today instead of happily caring for their new son, they are planning his funeral. This is a very sad day for them and the rest of our family. My daughter and her husband went to extremes to buy everything that had all of the new safety features and create the perfect room for him. Today it is empty and quiet.

I lost my first-born son in 1968 and went on the have two daughters. Because I never had a son, I was so looking forward to having a little boy to have fun in the shop with. We were going to make toys and do guy stuff. I only hope someday they can have another baby.

My wife took the time to learn an irish lullaby to sing to him and made many baby booties for him.

My daughters missed having a grandfather and I was hoping Rachel could experience it through Soren.

Please keep Rachel and Shawn, and our family in your prayers and it is a very hard time now. We cannot stop crying for now. Time will heal the hurt though.

Cherish your family every day, as life is fragile.

Bruce Page
02-25-2014, 5:20 PM
Raymond, I am very sorry for your loss.

Mike Lassiter
02-25-2014, 5:24 PM
Raymond, so sorry to hear this. Praying for everyone to find peace.

Bruce Volden
02-25-2014, 5:28 PM
Raymond,

Words cannot express my sympathies. I too lost a son (close to adopting). Comfort comes from scripture.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit"

Bruce

Val Kosmider
02-25-2014, 5:36 PM
Life can be extremely harsh at times.

My first child was delivered in an emergency section because her fetal heart beat had slowed considerably. As she was delivered...I heard the Dr. and the nurses counting...one...two...three...four...five...six.. ...

The umbilical cord had become wrapped around her neck six times during pregnancy and she was literally being asphyxiated. After several months in the hospital she, thankfully, resolved as a generally normal and wonderful child.

Just curious....do birthing centers electronically monitor the baby and the mother during birth? Given the tragic genetic shortfall it might be something to consider the next time.

Which I am sure there will be...and the outcome will be indescribably wonderful!

Steve Schlumpf
02-25-2014, 6:21 PM
Raymond, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family during this extremely sad time. I am so sorry for your loss.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-25-2014, 6:32 PM
Raymond, I'm so sorry for your loss. My family nearly lost mom and baby when my last daughter was born, it worked out ok eventually, but I can imagine what your family is feeling. It's pretty hard to imagine anything worse. Best wishes.

Frederick Skelly
02-25-2014, 7:13 PM
I'm terribly, terribly sad to hear this. There is nothing worse.

May God keep him close.

Fred

Paul Saffold
02-25-2014, 7:21 PM
Your family is in my prayers.

Ralph Okonieski
02-25-2014, 7:25 PM
Raymond, my deepest and sincerest sympathy for you and your family. Blessings to all of you.

Andrew Joiner
02-25-2014, 7:57 PM
My prayers started as I read your post Raymond.

Greg a buddy of mine lost both his wife and his second baby to a rare childbirth condition 10 years ago. I'll never forget the look on his face the day he told me. He was so lost in the pain. He had to raise his 2 year old boy without the woman they both loved. I'd see him several times every summer with his son. It took 2 or 3 years for the pain to leave his face. Eventually he seemed OK, not in much pain. The last time I saw him he beamed a smile and introduced me to his new wife and child. They looked happier than other families to me. My guess is when you survive a loss that huge, maybe you appreciate life more?

Nike Nihiser
02-25-2014, 8:39 PM
My prayers are with you and your family.

Dave Sheldrake
02-25-2014, 9:03 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss Ray :(

best wishes

Dave

Pat Barry
02-25-2014, 9:04 PM
That is so sad to hear Ray. Bless you and your family.

Harold Burrell
02-25-2014, 9:53 PM
I'm so very, very sorry. I will certainly pray for you and your family.

gary Zimmel
02-25-2014, 11:01 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Raymond. You and your family will be in our prayers tonight.

Larry Whitlow
02-26-2014, 12:02 AM
My most sincere and heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Keith Westfall
02-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Raymond,

There are no words to express the sorrow we feel for you and your family. I pray for strength and comfort for all of you.

klw

Marty Gulseth
02-26-2014, 12:05 AM
Condolences to and prayers for you and your family.

Regards,

Marty

Jeff Erbele
02-26-2014, 2:19 AM
Raymond,
I am am sorry to learn of your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.
Jeff

Shawn Pixley
02-26-2014, 5:54 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. When an event that should be a celebration, ends in trajedy, one dispairs of the human condition. My best wishes go out to you and your family.

Brian W Smith
02-26-2014, 6:00 AM
Prayers sent Ray.

Chris Parks
02-26-2014, 6:14 AM
So sad that these things happen and I am sorry for your loss. I heard a heart wrenching story some time ago from a sometimes acquaintance, one of his daughters had lost a child by SIDS and a day later another had given birth to his third grandchild. He did not know whether he should be happy or sad about the whole thing.

Rick Potter
02-26-2014, 12:45 PM
Tears and prayers for your family, Raymond. What else can be said?

Rick Potter

Stew Hagerty
02-26-2014, 12:59 PM
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

Mary Frye, American poet (1904 - 2004)

I cannot imagine the grief you and your family are feeling right now Raymond. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Sam Murdoch
02-26-2014, 1:23 PM
My heart aches for you and your family. You are in my prayers.

ray hampton
02-26-2014, 4:56 PM
my prayers are for your family

Gordon Eyre
02-26-2014, 6:18 PM
Such a sad story. I am sorry for your families tragic loss.

Dave Kirby
02-26-2014, 6:56 PM
Raymond, I am so sorry for this tremendous loss for your family. My God give you peace and comfort at this terribly hard time. Thoughts and prayers for you all. May God bless you all.

Phil Thien
02-26-2014, 7:35 PM
So sorry for your loss, Raymond. Soren and the rest of your family will be in my prayers.

Don Morris
02-26-2014, 8:00 PM
You and your family will be in our prayers.

Chris Walls
02-26-2014, 8:45 PM
We'll keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers

Lori Kleinberg
02-26-2014, 9:05 PM
So sorry for your loss Raymond. Our prayers go out to you and your family.

william nelson colorado
02-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Raymond, I am very sorry to hear about your family's lost. I never truly understood the phrase, "the saddest thing is for a parent to outlive a child" until we had our first child. Now I understand. And agree. This must be a terribly, terribly difficult time for your family and your daughter especially. You all will be in our prayers. If it helps, remember that Jesus says children are special to God. (Matthew 19:13-14 "Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”)

Rich Engelhardt
02-27-2014, 5:45 AM
Condolences and prayers for you and your family.

Dave Ray
02-27-2014, 8:43 PM
I pray that God gives you and your family the strength to get through this terrible loss.

Don Orr
02-28-2014, 11:41 AM
I cannot begin to imagine the heartbreak and sorrow you are going through. Please accept my deepest sympathies and sincere condolences for your loss.

Paul McGaha
02-28-2014, 1:18 PM
Raymond,

I'm extremely sorry to hear of your loss.

A prayer has been said for your family.

PHM

Rod Sheridan
02-28-2014, 2:30 PM
Raymond, please accept my heartfelt condolences at your loss..................Regards, Rod.

bill kaminski
02-28-2014, 8:01 PM
Raymond, with heavy heart...my deepest sympathies bill

Raymond Fries
03-01-2014, 9:05 AM
Reposted at end of thread; not sure why this posted in the middle of the page. Maybe a moderator could delete this.

Raymond Fries
03-01-2014, 9:11 AM
Soren was laid to rest yesterday and I wish to express my sincere appreciation for the outreach of support from everyone. Thank you so much for sending your hopes, prayers, and healing energies for our family. Loving hopeful energy always brings light during dark hours. The support of family, friends, and others who care helps us heal and move on from these tragic times.

Cherish everyday with those you love.

Take Care and Enjoy Life…

william biba
03-12-2014, 2:25 PM
Raymond, I am so sorry for your loss, Words cant be found that can take that pain away. I WILL pray for you and your family. My hope is that you wont start to blame god for this tragedy. even he calls death an enemy. but he does give us a bible based hope that we will see our loved ones again. Little Soren included, Of that we can be assured. I and most people have lost someone that is close to us and I found comfort in reading the bible and seeing that hope discussed. When you have time see the link below it contains a bible based article that I found very comforting.
Again I am very sorry for your loss.
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20140101/death-is-not-the-end/#insight[search_id]=5d36ed1b-8682-479a-90b9-7d8a69f0bf07&insight[search_result_index]=0

Matt Day
03-12-2014, 3:04 PM
Raymond,
I'm so sorry to read about your grandson - that is heartbreaking and I can't imagine the pain. I have a tear running down my check because my wife is two months away from giving birth to my first son and it touches me how fragile life is when so young. My daughter who is 16 months old had a very short umbilical cord and had many decels (heart beat drop) during the pushing part of the labor and the doctor looked at my wife and said "this baby needs to come out NOW".

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Ps - to the person who asked about monitoring, at hospitals they have fetal monitoring as well as monitoring of the mother.

Jackie Outten
03-12-2014, 7:16 PM
Raymond

I am sorry I didn't see this post sooner. Please accept our deepest sympathies to your and your family on the loss of your grandson. Keith and I will keep all of you in our prayers.

Jackie Outten

Charlie MacGregor
03-22-2014, 1:28 AM
Raymond, I also just saw this thread. I said a prayer and shed a tear for your family.

Michael Arruda
04-13-2014, 3:21 PM
Raymond,

I just saw this and felt compelled to respond.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My sister just gave birth a couple days ago to my first nephew. It was a difficult pregnancy that resulted in an emercency cesarean and the birth of an unresponsive child. Luckily, they got him responding and he's ok now, but it's a frightening thing. Life is so fragile.

Know that the Lord gives and takes away in His season. We do not know why these things happen, and I know it can be a difficult thing to deal with. Know that your grandbaby is in the arms of his creator, wating for opportunity to go fishing with you in a new heavens and a new earth. In the trying, dark times of the soul, know that there is a reason for everything, it's just beyond our understanding. All things happen for the good of those who love God and are called to His purpose.

Our prayers are with you an yours,
Michael