PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Daytona 500

Paul McGaha
02-23-2014, 1:28 PM
Good luck everyone.

I need to pick a new favorite driver to root for. I've been a Mark Martin since about 1990. He's not driving this year.

I'll probably pick one of the Rousch drivers. Maybe Carl Edwards, like that back flip.

Doesn't seem to me to be as many Fords this year as there used to be.

PHM

Myk Rian
02-23-2014, 1:46 PM
Carl is my driver. One of the most straight forward drivers there is.

Bruce Page
02-23-2014, 2:11 PM
It'll be interesting to see if Kyle Larson lives up to expectations. I could be wrong but I personally think he needed another year or two in NW.

Greg Peterson
02-23-2014, 4:54 PM
Carl is my driver. One of the most straight forward drivers there is.

I don't follow auto racing, but doesn't part of the sport involve turning? :D

Joe Tilson
02-24-2014, 7:35 PM
How many wrecks did Austin Dillon cause? I counted at least three. Hey! That's his car number. Is he going to cause more next race? Stand by for news!:confused:

Myk Rian
02-24-2014, 7:55 PM
I had Kyle and Austin as Fantasy picks. What a mess up that was.

Bruce Page
02-24-2014, 9:25 PM
I like Austin but he shouldn’t try to run with the big boy plate racers without some experience. He needed to keep a low profile last night and learn. He has a few phone calls to make..

George Bokros
02-25-2014, 7:24 AM
Carl Edwards, and Greg Biffle. I used to follow Mark Martin and Matt Kenseth. Mark is not driving, and Kenseth went to the dark side. Way back I followed Davey Allison and Alan Kulwicki.

George

Brian Tymchak
02-25-2014, 8:04 AM
I like Austin but he shouldn’t try to run with the big boy plate racers without some experience. He needed to keep a low profile last night and learn. He has a few phone calls to make..

I think Harvick should be apologizing to a few car owners this week too. Wonder what was he thinking when he turned right in the middle of a corner and took out a dozen other cars...

Bill Huber
02-25-2014, 11:00 AM
I used to follow Mark Martin and Matt Kenseth. Mark is not driving, and Kenseth went to the dark side.
George

Matt didn't go to the dark side, it went to the good side, Gibbs Racing with Denny and Kyle.;);)

Bruce Page
02-25-2014, 11:55 AM
I think Harvick should be apologizing to a few car owners this week too. Wonder what was he thinking when he turned right in the middle of a corner and took out a dozen other cars...

Harvick will never make the phone call because he never makes a mistake. (That's what he believes, anyway.)

Jerome Stanek
02-25-2014, 1:02 PM

I just rewatched that crash and he hit the wall before he went into the crowd

George Bokros
02-25-2014, 3:12 PM
Matt didn't go to the dark side, it went to the good side, Gibbs Racing with Denny and Kyle.;);)

Dark side = Toyota

Jeff Erbele
02-26-2014, 2:26 AM
I don't follow auto racing, but doesn't part of the sport involve turning? :D

Somehow it all works out; the turns they miss on the oval track, other drivers make up for on quarter mile track. :D

Brian Tymchak
02-26-2014, 8:16 AM
I just rewatched that crash and he hit the wall before he went into the crowd

I don't think that's the same incident. At lap 145, he clearly moved up into the car above him and started the crash.