PDA

View Full Version : Got a new to me scam email today... beware. Funeral notification

Bill Huber
02-23-2014, 10:59 AM
I have checked it out and it is a scam http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/funeralnotice.asp

Jerome Stanek
02-23-2014, 11:37 AM
How do funeral homes know my friends

Dan Hintz
02-23-2014, 11:48 AM
It's simple... just don't click links in email. There are very few reasons why you need to, and those cases are usually from places you're already comfortable with. Even so, hovering over the link will tell you if it's going where you think it should be going.

Brian Elfert
02-23-2014, 2:09 PM
Nothing would stop someone from registering a domain name like heavenlylifefuneralhome.com to make it seem legitimate. Of course, what funeral home would really send out emails to invite people to a service and not even have the name of the deceased? Would any funeral home actually send out email invitations to a service?

Chuck Wintle
02-23-2014, 2:34 PM
It's simple... just don't click links in email. There are very few reasons why you need to, and those cases are usually from places you're already comfortable with. Even so, hovering over the link will tell you if it's going where you think it should be going.

my rule of thumb is to delete and ask questions after.