PDA

View Full Version : New to Engraving, looking for great starter files

Brandie Thrasher
02-23-2014, 9:33 AM
I am new and just starting up. I have my laser engraver (rabbitlaserusa) and so far I am ok with it. I did some work on Epilogs for about 3 years and already had all the files that I needed. Since buying my engraver and starting my own business, I am not sure where to look for files in cdr format. My engraver is different from what I am use to. I edit and create in Corel and then export the files into the actual laser program. Its definitely a pain and just creates ONE MORE STEP but its nothing I cant handle. Any files would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Dave Sheldrake
02-23-2014, 12:08 PM
LaserCUT won't read the cdr format in a native way Brandie, if you want to store the files do so in AutoCAD 2000 DXF format. Using the direct plugin for Corel you can send direct to the laser but the files will be compiled by the interpreter that can on occasion lead to errors with things like Beziers and Splines.

cheers

Dave

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-23-2014, 1:18 PM
Since buying my engraver and starting my own business, I am not sure where to look for files in cdr format. .... Any files would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Welcome to the creek Brandie. You will find gobs and gobs and more gobs of CDR files here on SMC. You can even purchase the SMC DVD containing CDR files. My suggestion is look thru the SMC archives as well as click on the link at the top under "Forum Announcements" linking how you can purchase the DVD.

Ernie Balch
02-23-2014, 5:33 PM
load the lasercut plugin into Corel and you can directly run from Corel. Instructions on how to do this is on the Rabbitlaserusa site.