PDA

View Full Version : laser Purchase

Julian Ashcroft
02-23-2014, 8:01 AM
Hello All.

I live in the Isle of Man (half way between England and Ireland) and have been trawling the internet for a while looking for information and advise on Chinese Lasers. I came across this forum a little while ago and decided to sign up and seek a little help with a possible purchase.

I currently run a Roland EGX-300 in a small home workshop. It's a hobby machine and I can engrave wood, plastic and metal. Have also used it to cut out some parts for one of my motorcycles in Carbon Sheet. For a small machine it does very well.

For quite a while I have been thinking of buying a laser machine. I really only have a small budget, as I cant really justify spending a lot on a machine that will only be used as a hobby machine. I have done lots of looking around the web, reading reviews, forums and watching youtube videos and I think I have decided on a machine to get, which is this one:

The price looks pretty good and it seems to use more up to date software than some of the other Chinese machines out there. I would however welcome your thoughts.

Mark Senior
02-23-2014, 9:29 AM
"International items may be subject to customs processing and additional charges."

Broker cost me around £290, then VAT and import tax so you'd be better off buying from G Weike or Shenhui and knowing a bit more about the machine and costs etc.

Dave Sheldrake
02-23-2014, 9:30 AM
Hi Julian,

That's a ShenHui G350D, not bad but by the time you add 20% VAT, brokerage fee's and customs handling you can expect the dollar value to equal pounds.

You may be better off taking the ferry over to the mainland and dropping in to HPC in Halifax. Lasers don't cut carbon sheet until you get into the Kilowatt range and even then it' messy :( A days hire for a taillift 3.5 tonner and a quick drive will likely be much better.

cheers

Dave

Julian Ashcroft
02-24-2014, 4:13 AM
Thanks for the replies to this post and the private messages.

I have contacted Shenhuilaser and they have me a quotation for three different versions of same machine:

SH-G3050-Manual up and down-45W-1Set-FOBqingdao-1600USD.
SU-G350D-Automatic up and down-45W-1Set-FOBqingdao-1700USD.
SH-G350D-45w-Imported lens-With aluminium knife and honey-comb-up/down worktable-1set-1800USD

Delivery came in at 960USD for DHL, which will be air freight and 20USD by sea, which takes 30 days.

As I have never imported anything like this do I need to get someone to sort out it's travel through customs in the UK and the machines onward journey to the Isle of Man.

matthew knott
02-24-2014, 6:07 PM
Ive just ordered a cnc router and some spare tubes from shenhui and out of curiosity opted to have them ship it, normally we us a broker that sorts it all out, but im in no rush for this thing and i just want to know what the deal is, it was silly cheap $190 by ship to a UK port, no doubt there will be other costs but how much is anyone guess. Guess its a waiting game to she what happens now !!