PDA

View Full Version : Follow-up. DMT Customer Service is AWESOME !

Frederick Skelly
02-22-2014, 2:00 PM
About a month ago, I posted about a DMT Duosharp that I trashed - the grid had rust bubbles under it and the stone was no longer useful for sharpening plane irons. I called DMT, expecting that I'd get a response somewhere between 'I'm sorry, but I can't do anything without a receipt Sir' to 'The best I can do is give you a 10% off coupon on your next purchase.' I mean, aside from LV and LN, that kind of so-called 'warranty' is pretty common these days.

But nope, not these guys. DMT immediately said 'We need to see that stone. Please send it to us and we'll replace it (at no charge).' It took a little while because they were out of stock, but the replacement arrived by Priority Mail today! And 'just because', they included a non-skid mat and a sharpening stone cleaning kit. (It contains some cleanser, a nice brass brush & a good dry eraser in a nicely fit pouch. The kit retails through them for $20.)

I'm a really happy guy and DMT has earned my business well into the future. Definitely. So I thought you should hear about it.

Have a good one.
Fred

Terry Beadle
02-22-2014, 3:44 PM
Wow! Now that is service !

It's also a sneaky gloat...but....you deserve it ! Hoot!

Steve Voigt
02-22-2014, 4:43 PM
Good for them, and good for you for taking the time to follow up and let people know. Congrats and well done.

Daniel Hartmann
02-26-2014, 1:44 PM
Funny, cause I emailed dmt customer service about an issue I'm having with a bench stone and they asked for pics, which I sent and I have never heard back. I even sent a follow up email to no avail. It's been a month.

Frederick Skelly
02-26-2014, 8:16 PM
Funny, cause I emailed dmt customer service about an issue I'm having with a bench stone and they asked for pics, which I sent and I have never heard back. I even sent a follow up email to no avail. It's been a month.

Dan, Im sorry to hear that. Have you considered calling them up and speaking to Customer Service directly? Thats what I did. Maybe youll have more luck? (Sometimes folks lose email, or at least I do.) They seemed pretty responsive to my concerns.

Best of luck.
Fred

Daniel Hartmann
02-27-2014, 5:58 PM
Fred,
i think I will give them a call. Hopefully I'll get the same treatment you got. Thanks.