PDA

View Full Version : I heard Kees's article is out, nobody's said anything yet?

David Weaver
02-21-2014, 10:28 PM
I don't get PW, but see that the article is out. If you recall from the original discussions on here two years ago, kees was tinkering with the cap iron back then, too.

The fact that kees hasn't been critical of the bloggers should make it easier for the article to get passed around the blogroll should it become available to the public, too.

Congrats Kees!

And just to continue the discussion, I just prepared two vintage wooden planes that haven't seen work in quite a long time tonight, and they are of the old style sprung (but not stamped out with a hump) style, and in both cases they had been neatly prepared with their leading edges curved, probably 50 degrees at their steepest. Someone had deliberately prepared the cap iron on the both planes to be used. I have no clue how long they've been out of use - one being a continental smoother and the other a vintage western wooden jointer, but now we know that little detail (the curved leading edge on the cap iron) isn't by accident or for lack of ability to make a flat bevel.

Ray Bohn
02-21-2014, 11:47 PM
My copy has not arrived yet. It always seems later than news stand release.

Megan Fitzpatrick
02-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Digital issues were sent out yesterday, as were print (but of course, the post takes a little longer). It won't be on newsstands for about two more weeks.

David Weaver
02-22-2014, 12:10 AM
That's a pretty good reason why there hasn't been much talk about it yet!

Kees Heiden
02-22-2014, 2:42 AM
Kees AND Wilbur!

The rest of the magazine ain't bad either. I allready received the digital one and am browsing through it.

Derek Cohen
02-22-2014, 3:14 AM
Congrats Kees (I shall wish Wilbur on WoodNet where he mostly hangs out).

I've not seen the article yet - no doubt the mag will turn up in a few weeks time - but I have no doubt it will read well. No least of all it is an honour just to be accepted for publishing.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Chris Griggs
02-22-2014, 6:48 AM
I got my digital issue. The article is very well done. Actually, the entire issue if very good.

Curt Putnam
02-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Very well written - straight forward, clear easy prose, and no preaching. Good photography.

As I've said elsewhere, Kees & Wilbur are to be commended for the article. I don't think that YOU will learn anything new, but they have boiled all the noise down into a simple and easy to understand article.

David Weaver
02-22-2014, 12:49 PM
What does no preaching mean?

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
02-22-2014, 1:54 PM
I'm hoping my issue shows up soon - I'm also interested in the "shop-made tail vise" and "period clamping techniques" articles.

Gary Muto
02-27-2014, 4:50 PM
Congrats Kees! It great to see that you got published.