PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ordered from New Abrasives, LLC?

Carole Valentine
06-17-2005, 4:55 PM
Of course I should have asked this before I ordered! They charged my CC on the 11th and I can't get anything but an answering machine. One email address bounces and the other one does not respond. Their address is KY, but I have been told the FAX number is South Florida. Hmmmm....

Kenneth Hertzog
06-17-2005, 5:07 PM
Carole
file a discrepency with your credit card co.
they will credit back the money sent to them.
you will be out nothing and maybe they will contact you
ken

Gary Max
06-17-2005, 11:23 PM
I went and looked up thier web site to see if they where close to me. They are about 200 miles away----but--- have you called them??? Their web site looks like they are a real business.
There are several members that are close to them. Keep us posted ---I would think that with all the members here we should be able to help.

Carole Valentine
06-21-2005, 5:19 PM
After continued efforts to contact these people, I decided to call the manufacturer of the Wave Discs (Performance Abrasives). They told me that New Abrasives, LLC was, indeed, one of their reps but that all orders are sent in and processed through Performance Abrasives. They took my info and checked on the order. They had just received my order From NA on the 17th (7 days after I ordered from NA.) It was shipped yesterday and should arrive tomorrow. I explained to her the lack of responsiveness of their rep and she apologized and said she would check on what was going on. The bottom line is if you need sanding discs, you can order them directly from Performance Abrasives. Their price is the best I have found.

Shane Harris
06-23-2005, 2:40 AM
Hmmm, I see spending about $60 in my near future. Thanks for the cheap source of sandpaper. I just woun't expect a quick turnaround....

But seriously, I glad it worked out ok.

Shane

Carole Valentine
06-23-2005, 9:53 AM
Got this email from New Abrasives last night:

"I apologize for not getting back to you earlier. Our online ordering system had flagged your order and subsequent correspondence as containing a computer virus. When the files were sent to our computer department for resolution it was determined that no virus existed and that other orders from customers had been flagged as well. We have updated and corrected our system and I personally apologize for the inconvenience and delay. Your order has been packaged and shipped and should arrive shortly."

I've heard a lot of excuses, but never this one! LOL At any rate, I got my discs yesterday.
One thing I noticed, a few of the grits have the grit# stamped in small type all over the back of the disc. This is absolutely wonderful and I only wish ALL of them had that. Some grits have no marking at all. I guess they will in the future...they are probably using up the older stock. ALL abrasives should be marked like that...sheets, discs, etc. One of my pet peeves is sheets of sandpaper that have the grit marked in only one or two places (or not at all) on the entire sheet. We all cut up sanding sheets and invariably the grit marking is not on the piece we cut off.

Raymond Overman
06-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Carole,

As an email administrator for a small company (350 people) I can understand how what they described could have happened. We manage about 100000 spam messages and about 500 virus messages a week.

However, as an experienced email administrator, I would have never told you the specific reason your shipment was late or the reason we didn't respond. We never had a problem. We've researched your order and it should arrive shortly. We apologize for any inconvienence. Because you don't care about what kind of infrastructure issues we are having. You care about the end result of recieving your shipment.

Good luck with the new disks. Let us know how you like them.

Glenn Hodges
06-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Carole, I hope your disks work out fine. I have had very good luck ordering velcro sheets from Industrial Abrasives, and then stamping out the size disk I need. I find the disk last a little longer than most and this method is much cheaper than buying disk from other companies. You can get a metal pipe and sharpen it to stamp out the size disk you want.