PDA

View Full Version : Newbye china laser aquisition (goldensign gs1612 vs gweike lg1200)

tadici mihai
02-19-2014, 2:37 PM
Hello forum!
This is my first post here, and, first of all, a warm HELLO to everyone.
I'm from Romania, and about to get a start in laser engraving business
Becouse my budget is keeping me far from the biggest 3 laser producers (trotec, epilog and universal), i'm about to get a chinese toy...
I want something to cut on wood and acryl, but i want it able to engrave on glass, wood, acryl and marble/granite.
so, i will go for a 80watts reci tube... and a 2" glass...

And now is the hard part: i don't know what to choose

The LG1200 by GWeike is made by a big and nice company, with lots of happy users, size is ok, but spare parts should be a little problem in romania.
LG1200 will be bought from china, without forwarders...

Or goldensign gs1612 laser (not the new model, gs1612D)... can anyone provide some info about this brand/producer? i've found one in romania, so, no more waiting, no more import taxes and problems, the seller have spare parts and service for equipment.
At goldensign laser, the table size is impresive: 1600mm X 1200mm. can table size be a problem for engraving or cutting, for example?
price almost the same
I will like to know if someone have the GS1612, how it is on engraving on glass, and how is the cutting and engraving qualitty over all this huge workspace...
And, something else: are both compatible with lightobject controlers?
Thanks for the time to read this and waiting for some opinions

Rodne Gold
02-20-2014, 1:27 AM
Read the sticky at the top of this forums , a lot of opinions and owners testimonies etc - follow the subthreads
Get yourself informed...
Why would you want to use a lightobject controller where the ones supplied with the machines are MORE than adequate...?

tadici mihai
02-20-2014, 6:33 PM
Read the sticky at the top of this forums , a lot of opinions and owners testimonies etc - follow the subthreads
Get yourself informed...
Why would you want to use a lightobject controller where the ones supplied with the machines are MORE than adequate...?
i don't really wanna do that... it was just a though after reading some reviewes... just an option to consider
i've read a lot about gweike, but not verry much info about goldensign...
i see you own a chines laser with a decent power (more than 80w), are you kind enough to give some thoughs about the engraving quality on glass and granite or marble?
your opinion means much, considering you have a lot of experience with that kind of "toys"

Rodne Gold
02-20-2014, 11:42 PM
No laser engraves glass well , the best way of engraving glass is to sandblast it , you have to jump through hoops to use a laser and get the same or almost as good results.
Marble is not a problem , you dont need a lot of power to engrave it - both my chinese and mainstream lasers do , to all intents , as good a job.