PDA

View Full Version : Are you members of the First Moon Flight Club ????

Bill Huber
02-19-2014, 1:47 PM
Was cleaning out some old file and came across the tickets for the first moon flight from Pan Am.

Does anyone else out there still have them, I got these in 1969,

Pat Barry
02-19-2014, 7:17 PM
Was cleaning out some old file and came across the tickets for the first moon flight from Pan Am.

Does anyone else out there still have them, I got these in 1969,

What exactly were you doing to receive those Bill, flying while everyone was watching Armstrong step on the moon?

Matt Meiser
02-19-2014, 7:47 PM
I wasn't born until 3-1/2 years later. ;)

phil harold
02-19-2014, 8:15 PM
No,
But are you a turtle?

Michael Weber
02-19-2014, 9:12 PM
Looks like your wife is going with you. Oh wait, Pan Am

Bill Cunningham
02-19-2014, 10:07 PM
No,
But are you a turtle?

Hey !! I'm a turtle.. Back when the ham station was a lot more active than it is now, one of my contacts sent me a 'turtles' membership card along with his QSL card.. That was back in the early 70's...
And 'yes' I can do something standing on two legs that a dog can do on three....
(shake hands)

Bill Huber
02-19-2014, 10:24 PM
What exactly were you doing to receive those Bill, flying while everyone was watching Armstrong step on the moon?

Here is a link that talks about it. http://backstoryradio.org/2013/08/19/pan-am-and-the-waiting-list-for-the-moon/

All you had to do was send in the request and you got the card, there were 93,000 on the list from what they say.

Bill Huber
02-19-2014, 10:25 PM
I wasn't born until 3-1/2 years later. ;)

I don't want to hear that kind of stuff.....:D:D

phil harold
02-19-2014, 11:15 PM
once a turtle always a turtle
but it sounds like your buying...
;o)

YBYSAIA

Hey !! I'm a turtle.. Back when the ham station was a lot more active than it is now, one of my contacts sent me a 'turtles' membership card along with his QSL card.. That was back in the early 70's...
And 'yes' I can do something standing on two legs that a dog can do on three....
(shake hands)

mike holden
02-20-2014, 12:24 PM
I dont know about this club, put I spent $75 deposit on a reservation for a flight to the moon on Pan-Am. I honestly expected to spend my 50th birthday on the moon (2000).

What happened to the human drive to discover? (rhetorical question)

Mike

Bill Cunningham
02-20-2014, 9:27 PM
I dont know about this club, put I spent $75 deposit on a reservation for a flight to the moon on Pan-Am. I honestly expected to spend my 50th birthday on the moon (2000).

What happened to the human drive to discover? (rhetorical question)

Mike

Hmmm I'd be wondering what happened to my 75 bucks ;)

Jeff Erbele
02-23-2014, 4:22 AM
Well if you missed the First Moon Flight Club, you can apply for colonizing Mars, understanding it is a one trip. You're also going to have to give up making saw dust.

Larry Whitlow
02-23-2014, 6:00 PM
Well if you missed the First Moon Flight Club, you can apply for colonizing Mars, understanding it is a one trip. You're also going to have to give up making saw dust.

Hmmm, will a vacuum press work on Mars?

Jeff Erbele
02-24-2014, 12:06 AM
Hmmm, will a vacuum press work on Mars?

Larry,

My guess is your Mars Colonization Application likely would be denied, based on:

* the sheer number of applicants; something like over 100,000....
* everything your wrote - they want thinkers and contemplate'rs; but most of all they need people with fast & correct answers to complicated questions & problems, with long-term and/or terminal results
* not paying attention to the additional requirements of giving up making saw dust; implying our affinity of a broader woodworking interest;
* asking a basic physics question; without clarifying if your intent
* was at Mars atmosphere, or
* inside the pressurized, self-sufficient Colony Modules
* forgetting grade school education about our known solar system, planets and life existence

I thought about applying, but I decided I REALLY like mowing the lawn, walking barefoot in it if I wanted to, shoveling snow, swimming in a lake, playing on an ocean beach while on a tropical vacation, being at the helm of 49 foot sailboat or driving a 55' tractor-trailer, pulling the sticks on a D-7 crawler tractor, sitting under a tree reading a book while listening to birds chirp with a cool breeze blowing, knowing I'll grill dinner for my wife later in the day on our patio. ...and much, much, much, much more. I eliminated myself, even though it would be an automatic mark in our history books.