PDA

View Full Version : Woodpeckers Precision Square

Charles Taylor
02-19-2014, 9:45 AM
I ordered one through Woodcraft last August. Received word this morning that it's shipped.

Paul McGaha
02-19-2014, 9:53 AM
Hi Charles,

I think you're going to like it a lot. I really like mine.

PHM

Andrew Pitonyak
02-19-2014, 10:09 AM
That is a long wait..... I like mine a lot.

Charles Taylor
02-19-2014, 10:29 AM
It's a long wait for sure, but it'll be a welcome upgrade from the carpenter's square I have now. I know from reading threads here that a few others have been waiting a long time too.

Kieran Kammerer
02-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Hoping mine will ship soon....

Erik Christensen
02-19-2014, 12:03 PM
it sure is cool - one of those tools, like a lie neilsen handplane, that looks so pretty you are tempted to frame it, forgetting it is built to be used

Izzy Camire
02-19-2014, 2:03 PM
Mine showed up yesterday. It is very nice. Can't wait to use it.

Michael Mahan
02-19-2014, 2:37 PM
I waiting for mine as well , & I'm also waiting on the other smaller Model 640 and 850 Ultimate Woodworking Squares.
I was using some contractor squares last summer building some large speaker cabs & never could get my cut to be precisely square with any consistency , come to find it was the squares ever so slightly off
The 'Red KoolAide' is expensive But you get what you pay for , when the hardwoods & the exotic woods be what they are in costs , mistakes in square & being able stop the mistakes then that in it's self makes the 'Red KoolAide' seem not So expensive & a smart choice in the long run .
some of the "One Time" tools look to be a excess in a $$ outlay but not these squares .
I love my new 'Red KoolAide' 50" ruler & the stop

michael flay
02-19-2014, 4:40 PM
Is there a supply issue or something? I ordered one and had it in a week.

Michael Mahan
02-19-2014, 5:06 PM
Is there a supply issue or something? I ordered one and had it in a week.

we're talking about the one time tool square that was offered last summer
this one : http://www.woodpeck.com/ott2616square.html

Rich Riddle
02-19-2014, 5:27 PM
In another thread one of the sellers of Woodpeckers tools indicated they were moving and experienced problems associated with the move. The move delayed production.

Michael Dunn
02-19-2014, 6:09 PM
I ordered one through Woodcraft last August. Received word this morning that it's shipped.

Did you order the 12" or the 18"? I see the 12" on amazon right now. I'm ordering one! I really need the 18" for squaring my MFT.

Charles Taylor
02-19-2014, 7:19 PM
Did you order the 12" or the 18"? I see the 12" on amazon right now. I'm ordering one! I really need the 18" for squaring my MFT.
I ordered their One Time 26" framing square. It was originally scheduled to ship in December, but it was delayed several times, evidently due in part to the moving of their manufacturing operation.

Jack Lemley
02-19-2014, 10:49 PM
In another thread one of the sellers of Woodpeckers tools indicated they were moving and experienced problems associated with the move. The move delayed production.

Rich, I heard that as well but also remember that they moved to increase their manufacturing capability. Maybe we will see more permanent 1 time tools ;-)

Jack

Tom Walz
02-20-2014, 2:11 PM
Woodpecker is starting to get caught up. Repeat "starting to".

They are in the new plant, have the new equipment running and have hired additional staff.

It will be a while yet before they are fully in production and caught up.

Any of you who have ever moved will understand what is going on.

Tom

michael flay
02-20-2014, 8:42 PM
we're talking about the one time tool square that was offered last summer
this one : http://www.woodpeck.com/ott2616square.html

That would explain it.

Mike Cozad
02-22-2014, 11:57 PM
Ordered one on Amazon this morning along with the precision triangles. Prime gets them here Tuesday. I'm curious how much better I'll like it than my trusty vintage Stanley #20....

Paul Yager
02-24-2014, 7:48 PM
Mine showed up today!

Michael Mahan
02-24-2014, 10:29 PM
I ordered both the 18" & 26"er so that must be why mine hasn't shipped yet
I'm in no hurry anyway as I'm still setting up machines & moving stuff back into the garage after the electricians have left

Earl Rumans
02-24-2014, 11:32 PM
I got my 12 inch last week and it's really nice. The MFD case will really keep it safe from damage, during the times it's not in use.

Ty Williams
02-26-2014, 2:33 AM
Still haven't seen either of mine. Their lead times are getting longer and longer. Even worse, they don't let you know before they finally charge you. If they're going to go 6-8 months between order and charging/shipping, they really need to give a heads-up email a week or two before they bill you to let you know it's time to make sure you have the money in the account. Carrying a couple hundred bucks forwards each month for more than half a year is easy to get confused about.