PDA

View Full Version : Liogier rasps?

Tommy Martin
02-18-2014, 9:18 PM
Has anyone ordered these rasps direct? If so, what was the lead time?

Dave Beauchesne
02-18-2014, 11:58 PM
I got mine near two years ago, but the three I ordered were not stock items as I ordered the LH versions, and delivery was very good. I don't recall the exact time, but very reasonable.
Highly recommended BTW.

Edward Clarke
02-19-2014, 12:17 AM
I also got mine a couple of years ago - they were custom made and took a few weeks to get here. I'm quite happy with them and probably will be ordering more in the future. I wish Noel made saw sharpening files...

Nathan Birrell
02-19-2014, 8:09 AM
I ordered a while ago while he as swamped and it took some time, but once shipped, it was surprisingly quick. I think they came from France to Canada quicker than things I have ordered from the US.

E-Mail Noel - he is good to deal with.

-Nate

Daniel Sutton
02-19-2014, 9:42 AM
It took a little over 1 month from the day I ordered. I ordered a 10" 9 grain. Shipping took a couple of days.

Tony Wilkins
02-19-2014, 9:09 PM
I ordered a while ago while he as swamped and it took some time, but once shipped, it was surprisingly quick. I think they came from France to Canada quicker than things I have ordered from the US.

E-Mail Noel - he is good to deal with.

-Nate

I haven't got mine yet *haven't order it yet* but I concur that Noel is great to answer questions.

Fred Taylor
02-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Just received the two I ordered back in mid December. Once shipped they took only three days to arrive from France (amazing!). These were not custom rasps, but I guess they are running behind. I only received them today, but they seem every bit as good as the Auriou that I have. Must say, however, I think the handles that LN puts on the Aurious are nicer, both longer and better finished. The other thing to be aware of is that unlike most US companies these days, Liogier charges your credit card immediately, even though the product may not ship for sometime. All that being said, I'm certainly a happy customer. Hope that helps.

Daniel Sutton
02-19-2014, 11:30 PM
I just got mine last week. I've only just gotten to use it tonight for the first time. I thought about it for a couple of months before buying, but am glad I did. It is a very fine tool to use. I will probably be buyong more from them in the future. I'm new to rasp work in wood, but the learning curve seems like a breeze.