PDA

View Full Version : To get a new tool, you have to look terrible

Don Morris
02-18-2014, 2:25 PM
If you've been keeping up on the posts, I tried Waterlox for the first time recently. Followed the directions for cross ventilation, closed vents, even the returns, put a 24" box fan into the garage from my basement, opened the garage door, etc. Used a half mask with organic filters but the odor was so bad that LOML put the hammer on using it for the rest of the project. I developed asthma so bad I've been sleeping sitting up on the couch for the last 6 nights, used up all my meds by Presidents day. The hospital was closed because of Presidents Day so I ended up in the ER. On the way back, LOML said I looked so bad she remarked: "you've been talking about going to a lithium ion system over the old Dewalt system you used at a recent project...why don't you get that kit...it'll make you feel better." Home Depot wasn't exactly on the way home from the ER, but I found a road that got me there, and they had one 18v Fuel, 1/4" drill/drive kit left. It's now mine. LESSON: If you wan't to get a new tool, you have to look terrible.

Bruce Mack
02-18-2014, 3:09 PM
Hey, sorry about your illness. Hope you recover fully and soon. Your wife is a treasure.

Matt Day
02-18-2014, 3:14 PM
The hospital was closed on Presidents Day? Glad I don't in NOVA!

What Waterlox were you using? The VOC free version or the old style?

John McClanahan
02-18-2014, 3:14 PM
"it'll make you feel better." :D:D:D:D

phil harold
02-18-2014, 3:43 PM
the question is did the lithium make you feel better?

just purchasing tools makes me happy

Paul McGaha
02-18-2014, 4:12 PM
Hey, sorry about your illness. Hope you recover fully and soon. Your wife is a treasure.

I've been lucky enough to meet Don and Marjorie. She is very nice. He is too.

Hope you're feeling better Don.

PHM

Jim Matthews
02-18-2014, 7:14 PM
These hardening finishes all outgas as the polymers cross link during curing.

In short - they stink.
I finish with Waterlox in better weather, out in my garage.

I can open several windows for ventilation, and keep the smell out of the house.

There's a reason spray booths have big fans, too.

Dick Mahany
02-18-2014, 9:12 PM
LESSON: If you wan't to get a new tool, you have to look terrible.

Glad you are okay. As for me, I've looked terrible for a long time, LOML has simply gotten used to it............no new tools for me :p.

Marty Gulseth
02-18-2014, 9:31 PM
NO WAY to top that story, just best wishes for full recovery!

Regards,

Marty

Don Morris
02-19-2014, 1:12 AM
I'm retired military, and President's Day is a Fed Holiday for Walter Reed National Military Hospital. All the clinics were closed, that's why I ended up in their E.R.