PDA

View Full Version : versa laser vl 200

Sam Ramsey
02-18-2014, 1:34 PM
There is a machine with 4 yr in use as per the seller hardly used, has cutting, rotary and exhaust etc, how much do I offer, he says it is trouble free and working fine

Any help will be appreciated
Thanks Sam

Dan Hintz
02-18-2014, 3:50 PM
Like in your other thread, you're providing nearly zero information... how powerful is the laser? which VersaLaser system is it? What condition does it appear to be in? Have you seen it actually cut anything?

Value could be anywhere from $10k down to boat anchor...

Mark Sipes
02-18-2014, 3:56 PM
I would first start by asking the seller what he is looking to get out of the sale....... buying a laser is a matter of compromise. but hopefully more on their part, not yours.

software, cables, computer,

Sam Ramsey
02-18-2014, 5:09 PM
Sorry, it is vl200 and 30w has all accessories, the owner says it is working and has not used it much he said complete system will be sold

Howard Garner
02-19-2014, 7:56 AM
About a year ago I bought a VL300, 30 watt for about $5k off ebay
About the same age. Did not have the rotary attachment.
That was a very good buy for me.

Howard Garner

Sam Ramsey
02-19-2014, 8:30 AM
Thanks for you info, I have some pictures how to upload?

Mark Sipes
02-20-2014, 1:03 PM
How do I attach a file to a post?
To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment either from your computer or from another URL by using the appropriate box on this page. Alternatively you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file. To upload a file from another URL, enter the full URL for the file in the second box on this page. Once you have completed one of the boxes, click 'Upload'.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board.

How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing before the URL and after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert photos from your albums (?) (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_albums) in this way too.

Sam Ramsey
02-20-2014, 2:24 PM
Thanks its clear now

Sam Ramsey
02-20-2014, 2:27 PM
Hi Howard,
it was nice, apparantly the machine is 8 year old and was used for a year and sitting idle, I also found out the powersupply was changed and the co2" is due for change, I offered him 3300 , he refused

Mark Sipes
02-20-2014, 3:29 PM
Hi Howard,
it was nice, apparantly the machine is 8 year old and was used for a year and sitting idle, I also found out the powersupply was changed and the co2" is due for change, I offered him 3300 , he refused

your first call was "There is a machine with 4 yr in use as per the seller hardly used, has cutting, rotary and exhaust etc, how much do I offer, he says it is trouble free and working fine"

That's a difference of night and day, $3,300 was probably a very good offer, but he wants to recoup the $6,000 - 10,000 he spent on it new and never made any money so he wants you to compensate his loss.

Dan Hintz
02-20-2014, 3:31 PM
There is a machine with 4 yr in use as per the seller hardly used, has cutting, rotary and exhaust etc, he says it is trouble free and working fine

apparantly the machine is 8 year old and was used for a year and sitting idle, I also found out the powersupply was changed and the co2" is due for change

Funny how the beginning description and the ending description are so drastically different, no? For such an old machine and in need of work, I probably would have offered a couple grand, tops.

Don Corbeil
02-20-2014, 5:53 PM
Having looked at a number of used listings recently in all sorts of venues, I've become much more convinced that one really has to make due diligence an absolute priority before making an offer, especially on something out of warranty. Something that may look like a steal ends up having a tube that is nearing the cliff and will cost thousands to replace/recharge. Ownership and usage history are often sketchy, and sellers will often just say "it works fine" and leave it at that. That's not good enough for me.
There is enough risk involved in a pre-owned purchase that it is important to get as much (objective) information as you can. I usually ask for serial numbers then call a local rep or the manufacturer to get some idea of what issues I might need to be careful about, and some idea of replacement costs for tubes, motors, power supply, etc..