PDA

View Full Version : Delta Model 10 RAS Worth?

Bud Ackerman
02-16-2014, 9:59 PM
Craig' s List up here has one for $300. Any input on what this is worth? Claim is it has rarely been used. I think I know what to check for but any advice on this would be appreciated. Assuming it is working and solid what is it worth?

Charlie Velasquez
02-16-2014, 11:20 PM
Delta's have a good reputation, especially the turret models, but I don't believe this is one of the turret models. It is of newer vintage (anything after 1970 is newer to me.) Probably still a solid machine. It has a rated 1 1/2hp motor, that was rated when manufacturers used the "developed HP" rating, so it probably is comparable to a 3/4 hp motor of the other vintage machines.

From appearances it looks like its competition is the Dewalt 7730/7740/7770 models. (10" blade, 1.5-2.0hp, 17" crosscut). If so, the price seems high. You can find the DeWalts for anywhere from$50-$200, with about $100 an average going rate.

I didn't notice your locale, so they price may vary some, but I would think $300 is a little high just about anywhere.

Charles Coolidge
02-17-2014, 6:18 AM
That seems high unless its absolutely mint or something. I have seen many model 10's for sale in my area for $75 to $150. That said it can get expensive to restore a RAS so if its really in like new condition stand, table the whole nine yards yeah its probably worth it because the ones I have seen for less are not.