PDA

View Full Version : Y axis will not move, Epilog Mini 24

Keith Upton
02-16-2014, 9:31 AM
This morning I tried engraving on a small LED flashlight. I did not realize that it was too small for the laser to auto focus on (the plunger never made it to the flashlight). I had the glass open to test the placement. The table moved up as high as it would go and than just stopped (the timer on the front control panel kept counting). I pushed the Stop button which "paused" it, and then pushed Reset to just cancel the job. The timer quit counting up, but that was it. Nothing on the control panel works now, even after power the laser down. When it powers up it comes right up to "X/Y Disabled: Y". The X axis moves freely but the Y axis will not move at all. I can't do anything on the control panel either.

I'm heading out for some family activities, but any ideas you guys could post that I could try when I get back out be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

John Pletcher
02-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Keith, try this. Power on the laser, then hit the stop button, then focus, then your down arrow to lower the table, then reset. After that you should be good to go.

John

Dee Gallo
02-16-2014, 10:48 AM
You can lower the table manually by opening the front panel and moving the belt at the bottom with your hands. Maybe once it's within limits again, all will be fine. (crossing fingers!) :)

Greg Bednar
02-16-2014, 1:45 PM
Make sure all your rulers are down, if you haven't done so already. Sometimes the right side is forgotten.

Keith Upton
02-16-2014, 5:32 PM
You can lower the table manually by opening the front panel and moving the belt at the bottom with your hands. Maybe once it's within limits again, all will be fine. (crossing fingers!) :)

Thanks Dee, yours was the winning answer! Just had to get the table down with in limits and then once I rebooted it, all was fine.

Dee Gallo
02-16-2014, 5:51 PM
Glad it worked out for you, I like to start with the most simple thing first...

Keith Upton
02-16-2014, 7:51 PM
Make sure all your rulers are down, if you haven't done so already. Sometimes the right side is forgotten.

Greg, it was in fact that I had forgot to put the rulers down that caused the problem. I was able to engrave the little LED flashlight after all :)

Glad it worked out for you, I like to start with the most simple thing first...

That's always the best place to start. Until today, I did not even know how to lower the table manually though ;) So thanks for that as well.