PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Dato Set

BOB OLINGER
02-14-2014, 9:36 AM
I received an email from Grizzly with their 10" dato set marked down substantially for a few days, yet. The picture with the email showed very aggressive teeth. Does anyone have any experience with this set? Any other comments?

BOB OLINGER
02-14-2014, 9:42 AM
I received an email from Grizzly with their 10" dato set marked down substantially for a few days, yet. The picture with the email showed very aggressive teeth. Does anyone have any experience with this set? Any other comments?

Sorry, but when looking closer, the set is an Oldham set regularly about $129, on sale for about $89.

scott spencer
02-14-2014, 9:47 AM
Unless you really need the added depth of cut of a 10" set, I would not recommend this set over some of the better 8" and 6" sets in the same price range. In years past Oldham made some very respectable blades....current blades are among the poorest I've tried. For similar money you can buy a set from Freud, Marples, Oshlun, Avenger, or CMT that are almost certainly better performers. If you do need the additional capacity of a 10" set, I'd consider spending the extra money for the Forrest set.

BOB OLINGER
02-14-2014, 11:04 AM
Unless you really need the added depth of cut of a 10" set, I would not recommend this set over some of the better 8" and 6" sets in the same price range. In years past Oldham made some very respectable blades....current blades are among the poorest I've tried. For similar money you can buy a set from Freud, Marples, Oshlun, Avenger, or CMT that are almost certainly better performers. If you do need the additional capacity of a 10" set, I'd consider spending the extra money for the Forrest set.

Hi Scott,

Thanks, just the info I was hoping to get.

bob o