PDA

View Full Version : Any retired Miltary Servicemen on Sawmill Creek?

Clarence Martin
02-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Is there any Retired or former Servicemen on Sawmill Creek? Got a question to ask.

Thanks,

David Dockstader
02-13-2014, 1:35 AM
Probably bunches of us.

USAF (Ret)

Keith Outten
02-13-2014, 4:42 AM
21 pages of Creekers with military service:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?8397-Attention-All-Veterans

John Pratt
02-13-2014, 3:26 PM
And the Question is..............?

Andrew Fleck
02-13-2014, 3:42 PM
3 more years to go.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-13-2014, 4:09 PM
I did 8 years and 8 days....my father did, my oldest son served 9 years, the youngest son will retire in a few years and my two oldest grandsons are currently serving.....

Ryan Lee
02-13-2014, 4:26 PM
4 more years for me...

Ralph Butts
02-13-2014, 8:46 PM
Very proud submariner and plank owner on the USS Alabama SSBN-731

Mike Cozad
02-13-2014, 9:07 PM
Submariner, Chief Fire Control Techician 1987-2001....

Don Morris
02-14-2014, 5:42 AM
I'm one. Navy Dental Corps 30 yrs active, 4 yrs Ready Reserve, 2 years ROTC

Jeff Erbele
02-14-2014, 5:52 AM
US Army; US Army Corps of Engineers; Combat Engineer; Enlisted & Commissioned; Major-Retired, 26 Years ~ Present: Retired Reserve, subject to recall

Thank you to each of you for your service.

Now... about the other part of this post

Clarence,
You have some significant number of fellow service members interested in your question, but,
What the heck IS YOUR QUESTION? SOUND OFF! :)

...otherwise we'll have you digging fox holes, tightening wing nuts and swabbing the decks. :eek:

swabbing? :confused:
swab? :confused:

ARMY: USN Confirm Swab? OVER
USN: Army, we clean our decks three times a day, every day, weather they need it or not. OVER
ARMY: Just Checking; Not sure if you swab them or wash them, or scrub them. OVER
USN: :confused: Do you need help? OVER
ARMY: We're gonna. Got Marines? OVER
USN: Marines Ready. OVER
ARMY: Stand Fast. Hold Fire. Stand By for Now. OUT.

Jeff Erbele
02-14-2014, 7:04 AM
21 pages of Creekers with military service:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?8397-Attention-All-Veterans

Very impressive. We are a uniformed brother/sisterhood and another with our friends covered in sawdust, those that kept things working at home while we were away.

David G Baker
02-14-2014, 7:20 AM
Three years Army Combat Engineer 1963-1966. The last 6 months in the Army Signal Core as a photographer. Also wondering what the question is?

Joe Bradshaw
02-14-2014, 9:15 AM
USN 21 years. Started in the Seabees, finished as a Navy diver(Masterdiver).

Larry Browning
02-14-2014, 9:40 AM
Is there any Retired or former Servicemen on Sawmill Creek? Got a question to ask.

Thanks,

I think you would be hard pressed to to find a large group of individuals where there wasn't a large sub-group of ex servicemen and women. They are a proud group that the rest of us are grateful and happy to be acquainted with.

Now, please ask you question. It will be answered quickly and often.

Clarence Martin
02-14-2014, 10:32 AM
Father had a Stroke . He is a Veteran of the Korean War. He is now Paralyzed in his left arm, can raise it a little, but not much. He has movement in his left leg. Lost vision in his left eye and lost his speech. Does the VA offer any kind of long term rehabilitation for something like that ?

John Pratt
02-14-2014, 11:20 AM
There are a lot of variables to that question. The best thing you can do is get in touch with your local VA office, or even better, your local VA representative. In most cases, the VA will treat you for maladies that are service connected (ie. if I develop high blood pressure while on active duty and subsequently have a heart attack after my service and that blood pressure is annotated in my records, I may be able to get treatment from the VA). In my case, I developed a bad back (and several other things) while on active duty. I am treated by the VA for those things service connected, but if something happens that is not related to my service (fall and break my arm), I must go to my normal doctor.

You did not mention whether your Father retired from the service or just served a tour or two during Korea. If he retired from the service, he should be eligible for TRICARE or TRICARE for Life depending on his age.

Jeff Erbele
02-14-2014, 9:49 PM
A agree with John, contact the VA; ultimately they make the determination of eligibility.

Locations and Contact Us are in the top menus:
http://www.va.gov/
http://www.va.gov/explore/?gclid=CIzVy_6KzbwCFatcMgod5mAAfw