PDA

View Full Version : Best 35 MM frace frame hinge without gap

Al Bacon
02-12-2014, 8:45 AM
I have mounted both Blum and Liberty face frame hinges and both leave a very large gap between the frame and the door when closed. This is kind of unsightly when viewed frm the side. If the gap is adjusted out the door hits the face frame when opening and closing. Is there a type of 35MM hinge that does not leave this gap when closed and still functions properly?

Loren Woirhaye
02-12-2014, 9:08 AM
I doubt it for cup hinges. You can move the hinge out towards the edge of the door a bit and change the fulcrum. You can also round or bevel the edge of the door to get a little more clearance.

You may want to look at surface mount hinges.

Jeff Duncan
02-12-2014, 10:20 AM
You may be able to mount a plate to the side of the FF and use frameless hinges which allow you to close the gap a bit. You'll almost always need to have a little bit of a gap to allow for the movement in opening. But frameless hinges/plates require less than the FF hinges….they just don't offer as much in the way of overlay.

good luck,
JeffD

Mark Bolton
02-12-2014, 3:13 PM
Both salice and Blum have ff Hinges with a plate that allow the door to sit flat against the face frame. Contact your distributor and they can likely set you up or send you a couple samples.

Al Bacon
02-12-2014, 4:28 PM
Thanks for the reply's. I will contact a distributor tomorrow and see what they have.

Tony Joyce
02-12-2014, 6:36 PM
And the Salice and Blum both have the same bore pattern. The Salices are definitely closer than most.

Larry Frank
02-12-2014, 7:39 PM
Can you provide a picture of the problem and what type exactly of Euro Hinges are you using.