PDA

View Full Version : Some Really Bad People

Larry Frank
02-11-2014, 8:20 PM
A friend had their brother in-law pass away at a relatively young age. The wake and funeral were this last week. During the funeral, someone robbed the new widows house.

I do not know how low people can sink but can think of few things worse than this. Not only dealing with the loss of a husband but having to deal with a robbery and feel violated in your own house.

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon thing as there are thieves that read the obituaries and figure out who and when to rob those people. I think that the funeral director should warn people of this when they are making final arrangements.

Rich Riddle
02-11-2014, 8:27 PM
I am fifty and this has been going on for years. Our family always left someone home when a funeral happened, even in the 1970's. Usually someone willing to volunteer. Sorry to hear the misfortune.

Frederick Skelly
02-11-2014, 8:41 PM
I am fifty and this has been going on for years. Our family always left someone home when a funeral happened, even in the 1970's. Usually someone willing to volunteer. Sorry to hear the misfortune.

Us too Rich.

This is a sad sad state of affairs.

Jay Jolliffe
02-11-2014, 8:46 PM
It's not just this country that it happens in. Three years ago my father in-law passed away and he live in Ireland. We had someone stay in the house while everyone was at the church & grave yard...Happens all the time over there. Just like Larry said the scum bags read the obituaries & then rob the house. They also target the elderly that live alone...It's hard to believe that people can stoop that low...