PDA

View Full Version : Lowboy pictures : Anyone got any?

Bob Weisner
06-16-2005, 12:19 PM
Has anyone on the forum ever made a Lowboy? Got any pictures you could post of it?

Thanks,

Richard McComas
06-16-2005, 1:26 PM
Has anyone on the forum ever made a Lowboy? Got any pictures you could post of it?

Thanks,
I have a picture of a Highboy I build which is just a Lowboy with a chest on top. I could post a picture of that if it would help. It's not real fancy, meaning no hand carving or such.

lou sansone
06-16-2005, 2:53 PM
the short answer is yes, but I will have to take some photos of it. It is a W/M ( william & Mary ) lowboy based upon the masterpiece in "fine points of Furniture". Will send photos in a day or so

BTW a low boy is not just the base of a highboy without the top case IMHO.

lou

Richard McComas
06-16-2005, 3:24 PM
the short answer is yes, but I will have to take some photos of it. It is a W/M ( william & Mary ) lowboy based upon the masterpiece in "fine points of Furniture". Will send photos in a day or so

BTW a low boy is not just the base of a highboy without the top case IMHO.

louAlways willing to lean, could you clarify the difference for me?

lou sansone
06-17-2005, 10:33 AM
hi richard

just a couple of points on the low boy
1. they are smaller than a highboy base and if you were to put a finished top one it would look sort of stupid. They just have more delicate proportions in general.
2.. they have a finished top as opposed to just a waist molding to hide the joint between the upper case and the lower case.

but no big deal...

here are some photos
kind regards
lou

lou sansone
06-17-2005, 10:34 AM
couple more photos

Ken Fitzgerald
06-17-2005, 10:37 AM
Lou......Did you make that? If so........we need to see more photos of your work!......Beautiful!

lou sansone
06-17-2005, 10:51 AM
hi ken

yep that is one of my "kids" thanks for the complement

lou

Ken Garlock
06-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Man oh man, that is fantastic work, Lou. Looks like something you would see at a high dollar store, only better. Show us some more. :)

Richard McComas
06-17-2005, 2:29 PM
hi richard

just a couple of points on the low boy
1. they are smaller than a highboy base and if you were to put a finished top one it would look sort of stupid. They just have more delicate proportions in general.
2.. they have a finished top as opposed to just a waist molding to hide the joint between the upper case and the lower case.

but no big deal...

here are some photos
kind regards
lou
Thanks Lou, very nice work.

Richard Wolf
06-17-2005, 2:50 PM
Great work on the low boy, Lou. I notice the ladder back chair looks like it has some age to it. What's its history?

Richard

lou sansone
06-17-2005, 4:09 PM
Great work on the low boy, Lou. I notice the ladder back chair looks like it has some age to it. What's its history?

Richard

hi richard
I have a bunch of these late 18th century chairs in my house. just one of many that I have picked up in my travels. My house was built in the early part of the 1700's and so I have to try to funish it somewhat in that era.

lou

Dave Avery
06-17-2005, 7:46 PM
Lou,

Beautiful work, Lou. I particularly like the veneer work. Some day I've gotta get to your neck of the woods. Now that I know that the work coming out of theh shop is as impressive as the shop in which it's made, the trip would be worth it for sure :). All the best. Dave.