PDA

View Full Version : Please share with family and friends

harry strasil
02-10-2014, 10:13 PM
EVERYONE PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR LOVED ONES! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT!

WOW!!! Real interesting! Something I did not know, could come in handy..

I wish when my nephew was badly burned someone had known this.

A young man sprinkling his lawn and bushes with pesticides wanted to check the contents of the barrel to see how much pesticide remained in it. He raised the cover and lit his lighter; the vapors ignited and engulfed him He jumped from his truck, screaming.

His neighbor came out of her house with a dozen eggs and a bowl yelling: "bring me some more eggs!"

She broke them, separating the whites from the yolks.
The neighbor woman helped her to apply the whites onto the young man's face.

When the ambulance arrived and the EMTs saw the young man, they asked who had done this. Everyone pointed to the lady in charge.

They congratulated her and said: "You have saved his face."

By the end of the summer, the young man brought the lady a bouquet of roses to thank her. His face was like a baby's skin.
A Healing Miracle for Burns:

Keep in mind this treatment of burns is being included in teaching beginner fireman. First Aid consists of first spraying cold water on the affected area until the heat is reduced which stops the continued burning of all layers of the skin. Then, spread the egg whites onto the affected area.

One woman burned a large part of her hand with boiling water. In spite of the pain, she ran cold faucet water on her hand, separated 2 egg whites from the yolks, beat them slightly and dipped her hand in the solution. The whites then dried and formed a protective layer.

She later learned that the egg white is a natural collagen and continued during at least one hour to apply layer upon layer of beaten egg white. By afternoon she no longer felt any pain and the next day there was hardly a trace of the burn. 10 days later, no trace was left at all and her skin had regained its normal color. The burned area was totally regenerated thanks to the collagen in the egg whites, a placenta full of vitamins.

Since this information could be helpful to everyone: Please share it!

Michael Weber
02-10-2014, 10:29 PM
http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/medical/a/Egg-Whites-For-Burns.htm

Rick Potter
02-11-2014, 1:39 AM
Harry,

I worked for a very large fire department for 34 years, where all of us were EMT's and about a third of us were paramedics. 80% or so of our calls were for medical reasons. I can positively say that this treatment was never taught, or even mentioned during training.

Sorry,
Rick Potter

Duane Meadows
02-11-2014, 7:57 AM
Good to know info. Thanks Harry.

Justin Ludwig
02-11-2014, 8:06 AM
I saw it on Facebook. It must be true. ;)

Paul Saffold
02-11-2014, 9:40 AM
Thanks Mike for posting the link to Urban Legends. For those who won't read it, the article list reputable sources (Mayo Clinic and The American Red Cross ) that urge NOT to use eggs or other home remedies to treat burns. Cold water is the recommended emergency treatment then to hospital.

http://www.snopes.com is a good place to verify "facts". Unfortunately widely circulated emails "please share with everyone" or emails about politians littering the net come election time, are b.s. or slanderous.

Paul

Bill Edwards(2)
02-11-2014, 12:15 PM
Conventional wisdom vs Current medical sources?

Interesting.

Does it mean current medical sources have always been right? :confused:

David Weaver
02-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Does it mean current medical sources have always been right? :confused:

If you were a betting man, you'd bet on medicine over nonmedical solutions. Why? Because they are actually willing to do controlled tests and prove the efficacy of treatments (in terms of outcomes and frequencies of each), etc.

If it's not critical, then you can do whatever you'd like. I try to keep all of my situations non-critical, but it's not always possible.

harry strasil
02-11-2014, 2:46 PM
I'm Sorry about falling for this, my first HOAX of 2014, but it came from a reputable source, so I didn't check it with Truth or Fiction or Snopes!

And Rick, I served My Community for 23 years on our local VFD, 11 years of that as a chief, 5 as the main Chief. I Salute your 34 years of service.

John Pratt
02-11-2014, 3:13 PM
You're not the first to fall for one of these. We all get egg on our face from time to time.

Paul Saffold
02-11-2014, 4:38 PM
Harry, I did not intend to be critical of you. I have fallen for enough of those myself that I try to check them out and wanted to provide a source for reliable info.
Paul

Rick Potter
02-11-2014, 7:10 PM
Haven't we all.

My personal best was the foot cleansing scam, where they draw out all the impurities. Wife talked me into that one.

RP

Harold Burrell
02-11-2014, 9:48 PM
Haven't we all.

My personal best was the foot cleansing scam, where they draw out all the impurities. Wife talked me into that one.

RP

Yeah. That's why I never wash my feet anymore.

David Weaver
02-11-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm Sorry about falling for this, my first HOAX of 2014, but it came from a reputable source, so I didn't check it with Truth or Fiction or Snopes!

And Rick, I served My Community for 23 years on our local VFD, 11 years of that as a chief, 5 as the main Chief. I Salute your 34 years of service.

Goodness, Harry, if someone comes down on you for trying to do something nice, we'll all be on their case pronto. Certainly no need to apologize.

Mel Fulks
02-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Yeah, you were just trying to give us a collagen education .

Wayne Hendrix
02-12-2014, 1:04 AM
I have never seen a single thing that started with this or something similar that was true

EVERYONE PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR LOVED ONES! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT!
Not one ... ever.

Michael Mahan
02-12-2014, 1:26 AM
reminds me of the candle wax method to clean ears

Rick Potter
02-12-2014, 2:02 AM
Absolutely no need to apologize Harry. As I said, we all fall for some of those, they are just too irresistible. I guess I should be saluting you, Chief. Well done. I know there are a lot of volunteer FF's out there helping their community.

Hey, gotta tell you my Nebraska story. My wife has a cousin who lives near Valentine NE, where he has a cattle ranch. We visited there a lifetime ago, and while there he asked if I would like to go with him and his son to round up some cattle to do a pink eye treatment. Early the next morning we head out with a pickup truck towing three horses. A few miles down the road, we mount up and ride to a grazing area near a river. I had never been on a horse, except as a child being led around in a circle at the local fair. They take off at a fast walk, and I try to keep up. After about 1/4 mile I notice how much smoother they are riding than me. I am getting bounced around pretty badly.

They finally stopped and watched me catch up, then I asked what the horses name was. Bouncer, they laughed, having fun with the tenderfoot. "He bounces everybody". That darn horse would brush up against bushes and trees, trying to show me who was boss. Then, he walked right under a low hanging branch that was so low, I could not duck it. There I was trying to get him to stop, the branch bending against me, and the horse forcing himself forward, till the branch knocked me off the horse, into the bank of the slow moving river.

This is when I got even. My hosts stopped laughing, panicked, and raced over to me, thinking I might drown. Actually, I hardly got wet. It turned out neither of them could swim and it really frightened them that I might not. We did our appointed rounds for 13 hours on the back of that mangy horse, and when we got up the next morning they were very disappointed that I was not saddle sore. It was a great time, being cowboy for a day.

Rick Potter

Bill Edwards(2)
02-12-2014, 7:28 AM
If you were a betting man, you'd bet on medicine over nonmedical solutions. Why? Because they are actually willing to do controlled tests and prove the efficacy of treatments (in terms of outcomes and frequencies of each), etc.

If it's not critical, then you can do whatever you'd like. I try to keep all of my situations non-critical, but it's not always possible.

Thanks! I'll quit using pixie dust, chanting and dancing around naked. :D :D

David Weaver
02-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Pixie dust is pretty good. Especially if it comes in straws and tastes like sugar!!