PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight coupon question

Michael Weber
02-10-2014, 8:55 PM
Looking at a Harbor Freight 20% off coupon and it says "Cannot be used with other discounts, gifts cards, or on any of the following:....." The tile saw I want is 190 in their flyer, marked down from 230. Does that qualify as a "discount" or will HF honor a 20% coupon on sale items? Thanks

Rich Riddle
02-10-2014, 10:06 PM
From what has been said in the past the 20% coupon only excludes items that you have to use another coupon to purchase. Some items have coupons that give large discounts. You cannot compound those coupons.

Michael Weber
02-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks Rich. Confirms what I thought.

Michael Mahan
02-10-2014, 11:13 PM
you can use that 20% coupon on "On-Sale" items in store ,
an example they had a cross slide Drill press vise that had a coupon for a discount BUT at the same time it was "On Sale" for $7.50 more than the coupon offered off retail.
my 20% coupon was used & I saved $20.00 over the sales flyer coupon price .
most times all those items in the flyer with coupons are also on sale as well , sometimes the 20% is the deal & Other times the flyer coupon is the deal .
there is not any pattern that I can tell , just having to study the item in store, reading the fine print on the shelf label , comparing the part # carefully to the shelf label & choosing the right coupon at that time .
Sometime I go in with a load of coupons in hand & come out with all the coupons & empty handed
Keeping an eye on prior prices & sales also helps loads in figuring out if the item is deal or not . YMMV :D

Jerome Stanek
02-11-2014, 7:09 AM
It also depends on the store and how they inturpid it. I have 2 stores near me and sometimes one will honor a coupon amd the other won't. Now my wife went in with a couple of free coupons and she was able to get both items but the fellow in front of me wasn't she was at a different checkout.

Harry Hagan
02-11-2014, 9:19 AM
From what has been said in the past the 20% coupon only excludes items that you have to use another coupon to purchase. Some items have coupons that give large discounts. You cannot compound those coupons.

Not exactly. There are also some major exclusions such as welders, compressors, generators etc.

George Bokros
02-11-2014, 9:26 AM
Anybody know if I print the coupon in Harry's post above will it be accepted at HF store?

Thanks George

Rich Riddle
02-11-2014, 9:29 AM
He specifically asked how they interpret the coupon in relation to a tile saw "on sale" after reading the disclaimer. Though the coupon cannot be used for other things as the original poster stated in the initial question, his question was only in reference to the item he wanted.

Rich Riddle
02-11-2014, 9:31 AM
Anybody know if I print the coupon in Harry's post above will it be accepted at HF store?

Thanks George
Technically they will not have to accept a print-out if that's what you're asking; however, our local stores accept the print out. They simply throw them in the trash when done. If you print one out, they will likely have to enter the code manually.

Myk Rian
02-11-2014, 9:36 AM
I have several for 25% off.

Harry Hagan
02-11-2014, 9:46 AM
Call your local Harbor Freight and find out.

The coupon is Harbor Freight's way of getting you into the store hoping that you'll buy other items too. My store accepts printouts and digital images of coupons on smart phones and I usually cooperate by purchasing something else. Although not required, my store also honors prices on Harbor Freight's internet site if I bring in a printout.

Dan Hintz
02-11-2014, 3:36 PM
Seems like all of my woodworking magazines have upped their HF coupons from the previous 20% to 25%... a few extra dollars to be saved there.