PDA

View Full Version : Our Fusion 40 arrives tomorrow!

Jason Saul
02-10-2014, 2:53 PM
Very excited to be taking receipt of our new Fusion 40 tomorrow and will be reporting back on its performance and capabilities. Anyone else running a Fusion 40 and want to compare notes? Anyone running the Fusion 40 or 32 and have any tips about the Epilog Control Center?

Side note: Steve (Scott) Shepherd has been unbelievable in his support, experience, and kindness over the years and I wanted to give a personal shout-out and massive THANK YOU to him! "Above and beyond" doesn't begin to describe his devotion to his craft and the hours he puts into genuinely caring about helping others!

Dan Hintz
02-10-2014, 5:36 PM
I hear Steve accepts cashier's checks and select brands of beer :p

Jason Saul
02-10-2014, 5:46 PM
Haha - Or cash and whiskey! Have a good night, Dan :]

Mary Geitz
02-11-2014, 9:13 AM
I just read that the Fusion has a Mac driver. That's my next machine. I hope they're working on it for their other lasers. Good luck with the new toy!

Jason Saul
02-11-2014, 9:50 AM
I just read that the Fusion has a Mac driver. That's my next machine. I hope they're working on it for their other lasers. Good luck with the new toy!

Thanks, Mary! Do you have a Fusion 32 or 40 on order at the moment?

Looks like the Fusion 32 and 40 are the two Mac compatible lasers for now but I hope they do expand it to their other machines: http://www.epiloglaser.com/epilog-mac-driver.htm

And I'm looking forward to the potential development of a Mac Epilog Control Center - right now that's still Windows only.

Scott Shepherd
02-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Congratulations Jason! Thanks for the kind words. You and Dan make me sound like a drunk :) I'm not. I'm just thirsty a lot :)

Jason's always on the cutting edge. Being an early adopter again means you get to play with cool new things. Meanwhile I'm running Windows 95 :) I can't wait to see it in action. I know it's been a long road for you and hopefully this will be the solution you have been looking for.

David Somers
02-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Steve (Scott)!
Win95? Wow! Have you heard of Microsoft Bob yet? Might be just the thing you are looking for to add a bit of splash to Win95!!!

<teasing grin>

Dave

Scott Shepherd
02-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Steve (Scott)!
Win95? Wow! Have you heard of Microsoft Bob yet? Might be just the thing you are looking for to add a bit of splash to Win95!!!

<teasing grin>

Dave

Make fun of me, go ahead. It boots faster than Windows 7 and it's been running since 1995-96 :p Seriously, it's only on one legacy machine, but Jason's still a lot braver than I am on new technology.

Jerome Stanek
02-11-2014, 1:17 PM
The 2 Biesse CNC's at work plus the beam saw all run on windows 95