PDA

View Full Version : Corel X5 issue

Craig Matheny
02-10-2014, 2:25 PM
Just recently I have had this issue arise and not sure how to fix it, sometimes when I duplicate an item or use the original item I try to flip it horizontal or vertical and instead it bumps to the left or up and does not flip. Any one have a clue on why this is happening like I said it is random but more often then not now.

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-10-2014, 2:30 PM
Are you using the Transformations docker? If so, check which spot is selected under Proportional. You may have the spot in the upper left selected instead of the middle. Depending upon what spot is selected, that will change the position when you flip horizontal and/or vertical.

Craig Matheny
02-10-2014, 3:02 PM
Nope just the mirror vertical or horizontal on the top menu bar

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-10-2014, 3:09 PM
Okay. While using your pick tool to select the object you want to flip, look on your toolbar that holds the mirror horizontal & vertical buttons. Now look to the far left of that toolbar to find an Object Origin button. It has 9 dots. The dark dot should be in the center. If it's in any other position, your flips will move around. (This is the same grid-thing I was trying to describe earlier in the Transformations Docker)

Craig Matheny
02-10-2014, 3:22 PM
No this is not the issue here is the file one item flips the other moves

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-10-2014, 3:32 PM
Very interesting. I'm using X6. The item on the left does not move, but it distorts it's size when I flip it. I need to get back to work, so I will look at it later when I have a quiet moment.

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-10-2014, 3:36 PM
.. just notice something real quick ... The object on the left is rotated 87.5 degrees. If I rotate it to 0, it flips normal....

Craig Matheny
02-10-2014, 3:41 PM
THats real wierd we should be able to flip any item at any degree i thought

Mike Null
02-10-2014, 4:00 PM
When I flip it is at 92.5 degrees and flips normally so does the other one.

I can't find anything in my settings relative to this.

Craig Matheny
02-10-2014, 4:02 PM
OK so something is off in my settings as I can flip one but not the other hmmm

Craig Matheny
02-10-2014, 4:05 PM
When I flip it is at 92.5 degrees and flips normally so does the other one.

I can't find anything in my settings relative to this.

Mike are you using the tabs on the top or the transformation under arrange? If I use the Transformation area under arrange it works but not the tabs on the standard menu

Craig Matheny
02-10-2014, 4:14 PM
Now I just found out that if I hold down the control key and grab one of the handles of the object and drag across the image it flips it perfectly. But not the upper mirror buttons unless at 0 degrees, 90 degrees, 180 degrees or 270 degrees

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-10-2014, 6:32 PM
Well using the Bezier tool, I just drew a rough image like your graphic on the left on my own X6 workspace. I can flip it fine. Then I rotated it a bit. 15.2 degrees. Then each time I flipped it, the image flipped, but it increased in size! I then created a star shape, converted it to curves, then started flipping it. Once again, that too increased in size. Then I typed the letter "a" in arial font and converted it to curves. Once I rotated it a bit and then started flipping it, it too increased in size. A square converted to curves and rotated stayed the same size and flipped fine. Trying the same things on the workspace in your file created the same "increased size" changes each time I tried to flip them.

Once I closed everything, closed my Corel and re-opened Corel, everything listed above works as it should. I'm thinking somehow your Corel or Corel file may be corrupt. Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Craig Matheny
02-10-2014, 6:46 PM
Yes like I said this has been on going and random very strange

Mike Chance in Iowa
02-10-2014, 7:02 PM
I forgot to mention that once I closed my Corel and then re-opened your file, everything flips perfect on it no matter what rotation it is at. This is a very strange problem.

Mike Null
02-11-2014, 7:48 AM
Craig
I used the horiz and vertical tools on the tool bar. I couldn't get anything to happen when I used the transformation tool.