PDA

View Full Version : Trotec-Job Control with Corel Draw design

bryan henderson
02-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Good morning creekers.

I have a trotec speedy 300 30W and I am using Corel Draw X4. What I am trying to do is actually make my laser cut all the way around a part continuously. So lets say I am desiging a shape that has alot of segments that of course touch each other. Right now when exported(printed) to cut, my machine cuts the shape out successfully but jumps around in the order in which I either created or modified a segment. Is there someway to to merge all line segments together to make the laser cut continuously around from start to finish, other then going into Object Manager within CorelDraw and moving segments around which is very time intensive.

Bryan

Gene Howard
02-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Assuming the nodes are actually overlaying one another you would Combine (Ctrl+L) all of the segments and then reduce extra nodes by selecting the entire object using the Shape Tool (F10) and using the Reduce Nodes slider. Just 0 or 1 should remove any extra nodes that are on top of one another. That should make your cutting line a single contiguous curve.

Scott Shepherd
02-10-2014, 1:26 PM
After following Gene's advice, once the job is in the job queue, right click it and tell it to "optimize". It'll create a new file (or overwrite the old one if you pick that) that's sorted for the most efficient paths.

bryan henderson
02-10-2014, 2:29 PM
thanxs guy I will give both a try.

Bryan

Guy Hilliard
02-25-2014, 7:45 PM
Bryan

Another tool you may try is Arrange - Join Curves

With this tool the end nodes do not have to be coincident to join, just within the tolerence that you specify.

Matthew Grant
02-25-2014, 8:07 PM
I have this issue at times. Personally, I think it's a bit of voodoo as I don't always get consistent results from Join Curves. I usually Join, then Convert outline to object to get a single cut path. YMMV.

Kev Williams
02-25-2014, 11:22 PM
If all nodes are connected (actually, disconnected but in the same position, like nearly all imported DXF files) and the contour is closed, I just use the "outline" button.

below is a screenshot of an imported DXF file, a simple operator panel. Circles are "circles", but everything else is disconnected. I've moved some of the hole notches and corner radius's...

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/out1.JPG

I've moved all the pieces back in place, and I've grouped all the inner holes. Now all I have to do is hit the "outline" button (above the arrow)...

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/out2.jpg

--which I did, and moved the results. Then I outlined the outer edge, and did the same...

http://www.engraver1.com/erase2/out3.JPG

=================

The result is solid shapes. I usually set my nudge for like 24", and move all new outlines, and whatever doesn't need outlining, sideways with a nudge. Then everything lines up perfect, and it's easy to delete the old pieces. Then just nudge the new pieces back.

If you outline more than one object, it will combine them. Just un-combine them if needed.

Some shapes won't outline, but if you group something and the outline button appears, it WILL outline.

Hope this helps!